You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2019-06-12 16:03:13

horinius

Irritating bug of losing followup content!

This is not the first time I come across this frustrating and irritating bug:
I write a followup, but I was called to do something else before I could finish the whole content.  I came back to my computer later and continued where I left.  At the end, I press the Save button but the next web page told me that I couldn't save the content!  And of course, even if I go back, the content is gone forever.  And what's even irritating is that I can't even find the form record in my "form saver" add-on of Firefox.  It's not just *one* form saver.  I have actually tried several "form savers" but none is able to save the form data and this is what really p*sses me off!

I can see at least three solutions.  So I'm asking if I can get any one of them to make my life easier.

1. Extend the session timeout.  I suppose my problem was due to session timeout.  Could I set it to something like 8 hours?  I mean, GLPI is just a ticketing system, not online banking.  There's no harm if I leave my session over a long period of time, don't you agree?

2. Make GLPI work with "form saver" (also known in a lot of other names like "form history", "form manager", etc).  But I suppose this solution takes time to implement.

3. Tell me which "form saver" for Firefox works.  I prefer using Firefox.  But if you say there's only one add-on for Chrome and that's the only one which is working, I'm OK too.

Thanks in advance

#2 2019-06-13 14:41:35

yllen
GLPI-DEV

Re: Irritating bug of losing followup content!

It's not a problem of GLPI or Firefox but a PHP problem.
You can't save your form because your PHP session was expired

CentOS 6.5 - CentOS 7.x
PHP 5.6 - PHP 7.x - MySQL 5.6  - MariaDB 10.2 + APC + oOPcache
GLPI from 0.72 to dev version
Certifiée ITIL (ITV2F, ITILF, ITILOSA)

#3 2019-06-16 20:10:06

horinius

Re: Irritating bug of losing followup content!

What you wrote didn't make any sense.

The creation of those form savers / managers was to work around session expiration.  PHP is the mostly used language since almost the beginning of WWW.  So you are basically saying that form savers / managers didn't work all this time?  But that's totally contradictory to the fact.  So your statement must be false - reductio ad absurdum.

Board footer