You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2019-03-04 16:19:07

sdmjazz

Asset <---> Document dissociation in 9.4.0

Hi guys, first of all: Thank you for a great, great product we all enjoy exploring and using.

Spotted some annoying problem in 9.4.0 version, hope you could help.

Whenever a document, asset or ticket is deleted permanently from trash, it somehow triggers seemingly random Asset---Document association to break (asset is not anymore associated to document and vice versa)

Way to reproduce:

Create a test document,  delete it (put in trashbin) and then purge it from trash bin. This also goes with ticket or asset as well.

In my example, after purging one document or asset or ticket, one asset from Computers and one from Monitors loses their association to a document.
None of the test tickets or other created (and then deleted->purged) items wasn't related to items that lost association.

This problem is very easy to pass unnoticed, so I lost A LOT of document-to-item association before I realized what happened.  Luckily, I had the invoice number that corresponded exactly to document name, so I just mass added documents back to the items.

This is still on small scale GLPI installation  (5-6000 assets and couple hundred documents, hundered or so tickets-still testing it out), and it already poses great threat to usability and using it in production in general, especially in long term.

On older GLPI version (9.3.1) which I have on other test system, with the same database and files, problem cannot be reproduced.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by sdmjazz (2019-03-17 00:41:50)

#2 2019-03-04 17:20:10

sdmjazz

Re: Asset <---> Document dissociation in 9.4.0

Ok, this is getting weirder!

Suddenly (and without doing anything other then other user logged in, and me logged out and in...  66 network devices lost their association to documents!!
Bizzarely enough, i logged out immediately and logged back in... search showed 57 network devices with dissociated document ....?

Something odd is happening hmm

#3 2019-03-04 18:59:32

yllen
GLPI-DEV

I can't reproduce.
Have you made a test with all yours plugins deactivated?

CentOS 6.5 - CentOS 7.x
PHP 5.6 - PHP 7.x - MySQL 5.6  - MariaDB 10.2 + APC + oOPcache
GLPI from 0.72 to dev version
Certifiée ITIL (ITV2F, ITILF, ITILOSA)

#4 2019-03-07 21:15:30

sdmjazz

Ok, tried another fresh 9.4.0 installation...

This time it's nothing other than default... so you might just reproduce it
tar xfv glpi-9.4.0.tgz
installs usually from web browser, new database named GLPITEST, login glpi:glpi

Right away I created one Knowledge base entry, then went to Documents... created a document with no heading defined...just named it test and attached one pdf file around 150KB.
Then, i created one Computer, one Monitor and one Network device  all just with name defined as 'test'
I then trashed them all one by one.
And finally, wento to Computer---> Show trash bin... and then I purged than item from trash bin with option 'Delete permamently and remove device'  (if that matters)

After that document is dissociated from Knowledge base article,  glpi_documents_items  table is empty.

It is not always reproducible, in which case you should try to purge next test item (monitor or network device), and after one or two tries...it will empty the glpi_documents_items table.

Hope this piece of information helps a little.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by sdmjazz (2019-03-07 23:20:24)

#5 2019-03-08 10:39:36

sdmjazz

sad
Could the problem be with the computer/OS itself or mysql/php installation?  It's an VM Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and there are couple of other databases in there
With 9.3.3 fresh test instance on the same VM Ubuntu installation I couldn't reproduce the problem even after good 30 minutes of creating, trashing, purging... document stays associated.

Ok, i'll try one more thing, I'll spin up a fresh centos install, put nothing but GLPI dependencies and GLPI 9.4.0 itself test and see if I can reproduce it.

It may seem like a small bug, but it's actually pretty frustrating after some time especially with real data in everyday use.

update:

tried with completely new centos 7 minimal installation in Vmware virtual machine, added remi repo, installed only required dependencies, and it still behaves exactly as before, it's really not random anymore, so here are the steps:

1) login as glpi:glpi after fresh installation
2) create Knowledge base entry without anything specified, even name
3) create Document without anything specified, even name
4) associate Document to Knowledge base entry (or other way around... KB to Document, doesn't matter)
5) verify that the document is associated
img.jpg
6) create Problem entry without anything specified, even name
7) trash Problem entry
8) purge Problem entry

as a result document is dissociated from KB entry; if it's not, perform additional steps:
9) create Change entry without anything specified, even name
10) trash Change entry
11) purge Change entry
document is dissociated from KB entry

Another weird thing... if I try to associate same Document again to same KB entry and then create-trash-purge Change or Problem again... it wont dissociate!  Only if I create some other new item, for examle Computer or Ticket...
Geez... it's really tough to catch this problem, but I hope you could reproduce and trace it to it's origin...

Thanks very much!

Last edited by sdmjazz (2019-03-08 17:21:09)

#6 2019-03-12 19:28:26

yllen
GLPI-DEV

sdmjazz

i done your test step by step and after create and purge problem, document is still associated
i done your test step by step and after create and purge change, document is still associated.

I done the 2 creations and purge and document is still associated to KB

CentOS 6.5 - CentOS 7.x
PHP 5.6 - PHP 7.x - MySQL 5.6  - MariaDB 10.2 + APC + oOPcache
GLPI from 0.72 to dev version
Certifiée ITIL (ITV2F, ITILF, ITILOSA)

#7 2019-03-14 18:17:09

eric.arnaud.mrs

Hi all,

it's seems the same problem that this posts in the french section :
https://forum.glpi-project.org/viewtopic.php?id=167623
https://forum.glpi-project.org/viewtopic.php?id=167840

contract / documents dissociation ...

#8 2019-03-16 10:31:59

sdmjazz

It seems that problem is solved, or at least not reproducible in 9.4.1.1    Keeping my fingers crossed smile

#9 2019-03-18 09:03:33

orthagh
Administrator
Website

Yes we fix this bug in 9.4.1

#10 2019-03-22 14:30:43

megastanou

Hello,

after the migration from 9.2.2 to 9.4.1, i face the same situation. the glpi_documents_items is empty for some reason i can't find now. From a backup i succed to restore this table but some hours after the table was once again empty.
I also notice the same problem with the db table glpi_contracts_items.

#11 2019-03-27 00:15:44

sdmjazz

I must say I spotted document dissociation again, this time in 9.4.1.1.        All of the KB entries lost associations.

This time I just noticed the problem after a while, didn't test it on purpose, just regular use.  hmm

It definitely has something to do with purging, so, from now on I will not purge anything on a production system.

Last edited by sdmjazz (2019-03-27 00:20:01)

#12 2019-04-04 20:52:07

rblanchett

You don't even have to delete anything. I have this same problem if I transfer anything from one entity to another. After the transfer ALL associations between any items KB, Doc, license, computer, user are gone.

#13 2019-04-04 21:47:42

sdmjazz

Well, Transfer is some kind of purging/deleting, isn't it?  You move the asset/item to another entity and it is 'purged' from it's old entity...

With this bug,  glpi_documents_items table loses data, completely or partially during transfers or purging, I presume.

#14 2019-04-05 11:49:12

eric.arnaud.mrs

Hi all
this issue seems to be resolved with a recent patch :
https://github.com/glpi-project/glpi/issues/5690

#15 2019-05-10 00:46:32

HAILISA

sdmjazz wrote:

Ok, this is getting weirder!

Suddenly (and without doing anything other then other user logged in, and me logged out and in...  66 network devices lost their association to documents!!
Bizzarely enough, i logged out immediately and logged back in... search showed 57 network devices with dissociated document ....?

Something odd is happening hmm

This problem is very easy to pass unnoticed, so I lost A LOT of document-to-item association before I realized what happened.  Luckily, I had the invoice number that corresponded exactly to document name, so I just mass added documents back to the items.

#16 2019-05-22 11:43:53

FOSTER

You don't have to eradicate anything. I have this proportionate issue in case I trade anything beginning with one component then onto the following. After the trade ALL connection between any things KB, Doc, license, PC, customer are no more.

Board footer