You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2015-04-04 19:03:10

madjaric

Project structure display with Gantt

We started with 0.85.2 because of project management features. Initially we decided for WBS structure represented as follows:

Project
  (Subprojects)
    Tasks
      (Subtasks)
        Tickets

There are some issues with that, but we think there is a bug in structure display with Gantt provided we have SUBprojects. In that case the tasks are not situated below the "fathers", but somewhere stohastic.

2) problem in Gantt is that only some 20 characters of project name beginning are displayed and some 10 characters of  task name! Completely unusable.
3) In Gantt no tickets display is possible - this doesn´t correspond to complete WBS representing.

Last edited by madjaric (2015-04-05 11:21:19)

Miro

#2 2015-04-05 11:39:42

madjaric

Re: Project structure display with Gantt

Ok, I found the bug-rule: tasks in Gantt are ordered not depending on structure, but on starting date!???
Here the screenshot:

Wrong%2BWBS%2Bin%2BGLPI%2BGantt.jpg

Thus task 2.2, the child of 2. subproject, should come at the end!

Evidence for this assumption is here, task 2.2 date shifted in the future:

Gantt%2Bwith%2Bchanged%2Btask%2Bdate.png

I think this is a serious error, ordering Gantt elements accotding to time and not according to WBS! Pls do correct this!

Last edited by madjaric (2015-04-06 09:08:22)

Miro

#3 2015-04-06 14:47:16

madjaric

Re: Project structure display with Gantt

No I tested it on demo GLPI site: result is the same:
Task%2Bwithin%2Bsubproject.png

Task within subroject should be under subproject, but is positionad above because of an earlier start date!

This is a substantial problem, because the Gantt is the only way to display WBS, or is there any other means for that?

In general, substantuially better control of WBS has to be implemented!

Last edited by madjaric (2015-04-06 14:50:09)

Miro

Board footer