You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-12-06 04:33:53

Detox

please explain terms?

Hello All!

I installed GLPI and attempting to learn it, but am quickly becoming confused.  Here is a basic example of organization, and location of equipment.  I need to know if I am doing this correctly:

top level -- my company

next level -- branch offices

next level -- staff working in branch

computers are assigned to staff

printers/fax/etc are assigned to branch office

I added groups into GLPI, but then when I added inventory, I had to re-add "location" which is same place as groups.

What is the purpose of "Groups"?  How is it used?

When a staff were to log a help ticket, it shows the computers assigned to them, but not office equipment, nor a way to show problems with internet, copiers, etc.

This is what I think I need:

When a staff enters a help ticket, I need their computer to show in the drop-down, as well as "office" equip or generic issues.

I would like to run inventory reports that show "owner" and location.

I seem to be running in circles.  Can someone provide guidance?  I just cannot find the answers in the wiki.

Thanks

Remember,  Technology is our Friend!

#2 2012-12-12 23:12:46

jp10558

Re: please explain terms?

Groups are used primarily as an identifier for searching or taking mass action. They don't carry metadata as far as I know. I haven't used the helpdesk functionality in GLPI so cannot really comment on that...

Board footer