You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2022-12-08 17:03:22

LPrentice

GLPI API - Add user from external source (linked directory)

Hello

I'm working on a power automate for ticket logging from a microsoft forms, but I'm running into a problem with how to add users that aren't currently on GLPI so that I can set them as ticket requester etc.

At the minute, users are added when they email in for the first time, and the correct entity is set via rules on GLPI. With the way my flow works, the user_id of the user is found from searching the email address - the entity is also fetched from here. Issue is that if a user not currently on GLPI attempts to use the tool, it won't be able to find the user_id/entity.

Is there a way to add user from external source via the API?

#2 2022-12-13 14:47:45

cconard96
Website

Re: GLPI API - Add user from external source (linked directory)

Hello,

Even if it may be technically possible to add external users using the regular User endpoint, I would recommend against it as special behaviors done when a user is imported may not be run.

The best solution would be to set a cron task (or in TaskScheduler) that runs the LDAP sync CLI command periodically to add new users.

https://glpi-user-documentation.readthe … nize-users

Last edited by cconard96 (2022-12-13 14:48:03)

GLPI Collaborator and Plugin Developer.
My non-English comments are automated translations. Sorry for any confusion that causes.
Mes commentaires non anglais sont des traductions automatiques. Désolé pour toute confusion qui cause.
Mis comentarios que no están en inglés son traducciones automáticas. Perdón por cualquier confusión que cause.

Board footer