You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-04-14 18:26:43

FerCa

I can't separate some dropdowns by entity

Hello everybody!

This is my problem:

I have two entities, entity1 and entity2 hanging from the Root entity. With the Setup > Dropdowns menu I can create different locations for the two entities by selecting the entity and then creating the location.

In this way in the entity1 I have these locations: Barcelona, Madrid and Sevilla, and in the entity2 I have these locations: Paris, Montecarlo and Bordeaux. If I use the entity1 I can't see Paris, Montecarlo or bordeaux in the Location dropdown.

This is OK, but with the others dropdowns types (Computer Types, Manufacturer, Operating System etc) this not work in this way.

I can select the entity1 and create a new Manufacturer (Intel for example) but when I use the entity2 I can see Intel in the Manufacturer dropdown.

Probably there are something I'm not understanding, can anybody help me?

Thanks!

#2 2010-04-20 13:09:16

FerCa

Re: I can't separate some dropdowns by entity

Hello!

I really need to know if there are some solution for my problem. Is a bug? Is a misunderstanding of the functionality?

In my company we are searching for a resource and support solution, we are testing this software and we are pretty satisfied with how GLPI works, but this problem is really a reason for discarding.

#3 2010-04-20 14:55:20

wawa
GLPI-DEV
Website

Re: I can't separate some dropdowns by entity

this is not a bug, this is the way it works with dropdowns & entities
in glpi 0.78, locations and ticket's categories for example will be defined by entity, but not model, types, and so on

Board footer