You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2009-10-08 08:42:05

BrainSCAN

Tracker creates duplicated printers

Hello.

I run agent manually, and it detects several printers with default SNMP configuration.

I go to "Information about discovered devices", select all the detected printers and hit the "Import" option.

After that, the printers are added to GLPI inventory correctly.

The problem is that if I run the agent a week after and import again all the detected printers into GLPI, I see that, even if the printers are the same as a week before, they are created again in GLPI.

So now I have duplicated printers.

Doesn't have tracker any way to avoid importing currently existing devices?

I think it should check if the device currently exists and, if it exists, it should only update its information.

Maybe tracker works ok and I have some problem in the configuration which makes it duplicate devices? Do I have to look at something?

Thanks.

#2 2009-10-08 08:59:18

ddurieux
Plugins Dev

Re: Tracker creates duplicated printers

No I have problem on a specific configuration for existant criteria. I will correct it

#3 2009-10-08 09:16:20

BrainSCAN

Ok, thanks.

If you advice me when it's fixed, I can betatest it.

#4 2009-10-08 11:01:57

ddurieux
Plugins Dev

Can you try with patch  : https://forge.indepnet.net/repositories … acker/1650

If you have devices detected but yet in GLPI, say me informations for device in glpi and device in discovery menu (ip, name, serial..)

#5 2009-10-08 14:41:35

BrainSCAN

Hello.

I have installed the patch, launched the agent again and it detected the printers.

The detected printers already exist in GLPI, so I checked them and tried to import them... and they where imported, so I have more copies of the same printers :-(

I'm afraid that the patch doesn't work correctly.

For example this printer:
Name: P7527n
Serial number: Q3266101786
Comments: NRG P7527n 1.04 / NRG Network Printer C model
IP: 192.168.9.49

Oddly it shows "Date of last TRACKER inventory: " empty. Maybe it is empty because I launch agent manually and not using a script?

Regards.

#6 2009-10-08 14:48:40

ddurieux
Plugins Dev

In discovery, you have serial Too? what criteria you have selected (https://forge.indepnet.net/wiki/tracker … decouverte) ?

#7 2009-10-08 15:35:22

BrainSCAN

One comment about that webpage of the manual, the screenshot isn't correct :-)

I have all marked as "No". I suppose that's my problem, so I have put IP and Name to Yes in "Primary criteria for existence", and Serial Number to Yes in "Primary criteria for existence 2".

As I already had discovered devices, I checked them to import them again (to test if now it doesn't accept a duplicate device), but they are imported again (and I duplicate the device once more).

Maybe this option works only on devices BEFORE beign listed as discovered? I don't know, so I have deleted my discovered devices and have launched a new scan with the agent... I'll tell you what happens.

#8 2009-10-08 15:42:03

ddurieux
Plugins Dev

Yes this list is yen device is discovered, so you must delete all devices in discovery menu and re-execute agent in discovery mode.

#9 2009-10-08 16:36:41

BrainSCAN

Ok, after re-executing the agent, it discovered devices (looking at the history) but displayed no devices... maybe because I had all imported, so it's supposed that the options of the "Primary criteria for existence" worked.

I made the following to verify it. I left one PC (discovered by SNMP) and deled (and purged) all the printers. Then I launched the agent and it showed me only the printers :-)

So Tracker works perfect now.

Thanks for your support.

#10 2009-10-08 16:41:46

ddurieux
Plugins Dev

Yes if not in discovered, it consider it to be yet in GLPI, no it works fine wink

Board footer