You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2024-02-27 22:54:18

bcnx

Computer duplicates, FQDN and simple hostname

Hi,

after a while we get computer duplicates in GLPI. One entry just has the hostname and the other entry has the FQDN name. The former entry has an IPv4 and IPv6 address and the latter just the IPv4 address. The latter entry has no UUID while the first one does have one. How can we avoid these duplicates?

Using server version 10.09 and GLPI agent 1.6.1.

Thanks!

BC

Last edited by bcnx (2024-02-27 22:54:30)

#2 2024-02-28 02:07:57

cconard96
Website

Re: Computer duplicates, FQDN and simple hostname

You can use "Rules for import and link equipment" rules (Administration > Rules) to deny the import of an asset based on criteria including the name.

GLPI Collaborator and Plugin Developer.
My non-English comments are automated translations. Sorry for any confusion that causes.
Mes commentaires non anglais sont des traductions automatiques. Désolé pour toute confusion qui cause.
Mis comentarios que no están en inglés son traducciones automáticas. Perdón por cualquier confusión que cause.

#3 2024-02-28 13:06:18

bcnx

Re: Computer duplicates, FQDN and simple hostname

Hi thanks,

I just found out that the FQDN name refers to the Active Directory domain. I will look into the rules to see how to prevent the duplicates.

Cheers,

BC

Board footer