You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2024-02-09 14:32:37

doberk

Different itil category list for each entity

Hello

I use GLPI 10.0.12 and I have a question. I have several entities and different receiver and technician for each entity. What I would like to have is also different itil categories for each entity. Is this possible? when I create a new category I can't set the entity, and all categories are available in all tickets of all entities.

Thanks for your time and support.

Last edited by doberk (2024-02-09 14:33:02)

#2 2024-02-10 16:46:19

cconard96
Website

Re: Different itil category list for each entity

Categories cannot be restricted to entities at this time.

GLPI Collaborator and Plugin Developer.
My non-English comments are automated translations. Sorry for any confusion that causes.
Mes commentaires non anglais sont des traductions automatiques. Désolé pour toute confusion qui cause.
Mis comentarios que no están en inglés son traducciones automáticas. Perdón por cualquier confusión que cause.

#3 2024-02-10 20:05:00

doberk

Thanks for your reply cconard96. Anyway I finally was able to do it modifying database directly. Curiously, there is a field in the glpi_itilcategories table for the entity_id. I suppose there is a plan to set this feature up in the future.

I have edited this field manually in the database assigning each category to different entity, and I realized that tickets only show in the dropdown the categories whose entity_id matchs with the ticket's one, so I could perform what I want.

R.

Last edited by doberk (2024-02-10 20:06:13)

#4 2024-02-10 21:26:20

cconard96
Website

Oh, seems I was wrong.
You can create categories in different entities by switching your current entity to the desired one.
You can move categories to new entities using Actions > Add to transfer list like you would for any item.
By default, the categories seem to be recursive meaning they appear in child entities. If the category is already used, the "Child entities" option at the top of their form will be disabled.

GLPI Collaborator and Plugin Developer.
My non-English comments are automated translations. Sorry for any confusion that causes.
Mes commentaires non anglais sont des traductions automatiques. Désolé pour toute confusion qui cause.
Mis comentarios que no están en inglés son traducciones automáticas. Perdón por cualquier confusión que cause.

#5 2024-02-16 14:21:11

doberk

cconard96 wrote:

Oh, seems I was wrong.
You can create categories in different entities by switching your current entity to the desired one.
You can move categories to new entities using Actions > Add to transfer list like you would for any item.
By default, the categories seem to be recursive meaning they appear in child entities. If the category is already used, the "Child entities" option at the top of their form will be disabled.

Thank you, clearful.

Board footer