You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2023-08-07 14:19:37

icecoldice

How to obtain ServiceCatalog?

Bonjour mes amis,
I'm eyeing up Service Catalog plugin, but I can't figure out how to purchase it.
Their webpage says to email glpi[at]infotel.com, but they don't answer any emails. Last update on github was 9 months ago, so it's not too long ago.
And yes, I know about FormCreator plugin, but it lacks some stuff my higherups would like to see in a service catalog.

Anyone knows how to reach them?

Last edited by icecoldice (2023-08-09 07:41:06)

#2 2023-08-08 01:41:53

cconard96
Website

Re: How to obtain ServiceCatalog?

Bonjour,

Je ne peux pas parler du plugin ServiceCatalog, mais avez-vous une liste de choses qui manquent dans le plugin FormCreator ?

I cannot speak to the ServiceCatalog plugin, but do you have a list of things that you find are missing in the FormCreator plugin?

GLPI Collaborator and Plugin Developer.
My non-English comments are automated translations. Sorry for any confusion that causes.
Mes commentaires non anglais sont des traductions automatiques. Désolé pour toute confusion qui cause.
Mis comentarios que no están en inglés son traducciones automáticas. Perdón por cualquier confusión que cause.

#3 2023-08-09 08:14:56

icecoldice

I'd like to see categories or folders for forms. Currently as it is, categories are just lines on the left, which doesn't exactly catch attention. Big icons with colored text would be a bit more user friendly, I think. It would be great if they could function like folders, children aren't visible until you clicked on the parent.
Then, moving new/assigned/waiting bar to another page(my requests for assistance, probably) would help. Because I've seen people try and press New when they wanted to create a ticket.
Plus the option of removing "To validate" altogether for profiles with no rights to validate requests would be great.
Overall, I think the UI could use a facelift so to speak. While it's okay for you and me and other tech folk, it creates some friction for the average user.

#4 2023-08-11 15:40:17

cconard96
Website

The goal is to integrate the functionality provided by FormCreator with an upcoming version of GLPI (listed as Native studio editor on the roadmap), so any feedback you provide now could be considered for the "native" feature.

The New/Assigned/Waiting part makes it sound like the helpdesk UI is the default GLPI one and has not been configured to be replaced by the service catalog UI provided by FormCreator. That can be changed per-entity in the Form tab of the entity. Maybe that is the cause of some of the issues?
The FormCreator plugin though does let you configure an icon, background color, and icon color for each form to change how they are shown in the replacement UI (Entity settings on Form tab).
Also, the categories list does act like folders. I made two categories with one as a child of the other, and I only saw the parent category in the list until I clicked it.

My non-English comments are automated translations. Sorry for any confusion that causes.
Mes commentaires non anglais sont des traductions automatiques. Désolé pour toute confusion qui cause.
Mis comentarios que no están en inglés son traducciones automáticas. Perdón por cualquier confusión que cause.

#5 2023-08-14 08:14:19

icecoldice

cconard96 wrote:

The goal is to integrate the functionality provided by FormCreator with an upcoming version of GLPI (listed as Native studio editor on the roadmap), so any feedback you provide now could be considered for the "native" feature.

Great, because it turns out that even the simplified interface with many fields removed makes some people uneasy.

cconard96 wrote:

The New/Assigned/Waiting part makes it sound like the helpdesk UI is the default GLPI one and has not been configured to be replaced by the service catalog UI provided by FormCreator. That can be changed per-entity in the Form tab of the entity. Maybe that is the cause of some of the issues?

To be clear I'm talking about this. I think this bar grabs user's attention most of the time. Would be great if we had some degree of customization here.
image.png

cconard96 wrote:

The FormCreator plugin though does let you configure an icon, background color, and icon color for each form to change how they are shown in the replacement UI (Entity settings on Form tab).
Also, the categories list does act like folders. I made two categories with one as a child of the other, and I only saw the parent category in the list until I clicked it.

Yes, it works, but still, I think they could be bigger, so that people would look at them.
And the other thing is that you get every form you created by default until you choose a category. While it's not a problem when you have 3 forms, I intent to make a bit more of them. Folders and subfolders make it much more navigable.

#6 2023-08-14 11:06:58

cconard96
Website

icecoldice wrote:

To be clear I'm talking about this. I think this bar grabs user's attention most of the time. Would be great if we had some degree of customization here.

It is the "Default for tickets (mini dashboard)" preference in the user's preferences and the default options in Setup > General > Default values. If user's haven't changed that setting manually, you should be able to change it in the default options to nothing and then let you technicians re-add it if they want it in their user preferences.

Board footer