You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2015-02-15 20:26:24

LucaC

IP address not always linked to IP Networks

Hello,
I noticed that if I define the IP Network AFTER using an IP address belonging to that network, then the address is not reported in DROPDOWNS -> IP NETWORKS -> (the IP network) -> Addresses.

Let me explain with an example.
I create a network equipment (let's call it SWITCH1) and add the ip address 172.30.1.2 to it.
Later I discover that the 172.30.0.0/16 ip network is not defined within GLPI. So I define the network 172.30.0.0/16
If I go to the network and go the the ADDRESSES tab, I cannot see SWITCH1

I then create a second IP Network for the rante 172.31.0.0/16.
I add a second network objecy (SWITCH2), with IP address 172.31.1.2.
If I then go to IP Network and open the 172.31.0.0/16 network, I see the SWITCH2.

It seems to me that the glpi_ipaddresses_ipnetworks table (which I think holds such link) is get populated only when adding IP addresses. Adding an IP network later do not force GLPI to re-evaluate all IP addresses to link them to the proper IP network.

Basically, I agree that you have to create IP networks BEFORE adding IP addresses but it happens (at least to me) to add IP networks later when I discover they are missing since there is no check to force user to add IP networks before adding IP address. BTW, IP networks can be an alternative to the ADDRESSING PLUGIN.

Thanks

Board footer