You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2013-10-04 10:38:36

LucaC

IP Addressing plugin Question

Hello,
I started using IP Addressing plugin to keep track of IP management (coming from a previous not-happy IPPLAN experience).

I'm adding a new L3 switch to my asset. I add all required assett information, then I addredd an aggregated port called MGM with the switch IP and MAC address.
When I go on IP addressing, I find the switch IP address duplicated. One entry is the switch itself, while the second entry is the MGM port I created. If I remove the name from the aggregated port (i.e. remove MGM), then it shows correctly wih a single row in IP Addressing.

Probably I'm missing something on how IP Addressing plugin/network port works.

Thanks for any support on this

#2 2013-10-07 13:54:35

xxxadamtmg

Re: IP Addressing plugin Question

I think "IP Addressing plugin" search in database IP address from range, and If he found IP asing to Items or port display on list. GLPI write IP addresses as  separate record in database, and when it find two record with same IP, plugin  display as duplicate on list.

In my company we decide assign IP only to ports, not to device.

Board footer