You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2013-09-16 11:19:41

rockleee44

Cannot upgrade Generic Object plugin version 2.3.0

Hi all,
I'm using GLPI 0.83 with these plugins : Behaviours 0.83.4 , Custom Fields 1.4 , Envoi de mail (ticket) 3.0.5 , Objects management 2.1.3 , Orders management 1.7.1 . My server : Centos 6.4 x86_64 , httpd-2.2.15 , php 5.3.3 , mysql-server-5.1.67 .
I want to upgrade to GLPI 0.84 to use plugin Barcode 0.84+1.0 . After disabled all plugins under "Setup/Plugins" and backup GLPI root directory and database , I start upgrade process :

-Remove behaviors , genericobject , order folders in glpi-root-path/plugins , so there remains customfields and ticketmail folders.

- Download glpi-behaviors-0.84.1.tar.gz , glpi-genericobject-2.3.0.tar.gz , glpi-order-1.8.0.tar.gz , glpi-barcode-0.84_1.0.tar.gz and tar them in glpi-root-path/plugins .

- Download glpi-0.84.tar.gz and unpack the new archive and overwrite all files of the old version

- chown -R apache /glpi-root-path

- Start upgrade process as :

b) If you update from a GLPI version >=0.68 to higher (0.70 for example).

- Unpack the new archive and overwrite all files of the old version.

III) Update process start

1) Launch your web browser on this address ...

2) Select the language into which you want to perform the update process and click on « OK ».

3) Click on « Update».

4) Verify the environment tests succeeded or follow the displayed instructions and try again.

If everything worked fine, click on « next ».

5) Configure MySQL server access while using the config.php file, previously backuped. Fill out : Mysql server : hostname of MySQL server Mysql user : mysql username Mysql pass : password of mysql user

Once this is done, simply click on « next »

6) Select the database you want to update. Then, click on « next »

7) You are asked to confirm you really want to update. Click on « next » if you want to do so.

8) Update begins. It can take a while, depending on the size of your database.

9) Depends on the GLPI version you upgrade, some questions would be asked to you.

10) Process ask you about update the old contents of your database.

After you click on "continue", a progress bar appears. The process can take a long time, depending on the size of your database and can stay for very long time at 0%.

If you upgrade from 0.4, please read this note [1]

11) Click on "use GLPI" to perform your connection with the application.

After GLPI upgrade to 0.84 version successfully , I login to GLPI , go to Setup/Plugins :

- Install and enable Barcode 0.84+1.0 , it works.

- Upgrade Behaviors-0.84.1 , it works.

- Upgrade Order-1.8.0 , it works , all data remains as old version .

- Upgrade glpi-genericobject-2.3.0 , it fail , after click upgrade button , it redirects to a page with this line "Change of the database layout - glpi_plugin_genericobject_types (0 seconds)". I back to previous page , click upgrade again , this time it shows "Work in progress..." . I tried many times but it keeps showing "Work in progress..." and Generic Object 2.3.0 is not enabled.

Hope some body can help , please let me know if you need any information .

Thanks in advance.

Jack.

PS: Although Custom Fields and TicketMail seem not work with GLPI 0.84 but we will be fine with that.

Last edited by rockleee44 (2013-09-16 11:25:59)

#2 2013-09-18 10:00:22

rockleee44

Re: Cannot upgrade Generic Object plugin version 2.3.0

Hello,
Anyone can help me with this ?

#3 2013-09-19 09:17:10

rockleee44

Hi all,
Problem is solved after upgrade to glpi-genericobject-2.3.1 .
Thanks.

#4 2013-09-27 14:45:15

mustaqueahmad6

Hi All,

Could we upgrade GLPI after customizing the UI and making some changes in the code? If we can then how can we upgrade the GLPI to latest versions?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards
Mustaque

Board footer