You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2013-09-04 11:49:00

Jolly_Swede

Assigning tickets to technician based on sender e-mail

We've three entities in our system. Root and two sub entities. No users log in to the system, only technichians and for simplicity they are all admins.
We've set up an e-mail account that we use and to recieve mail and set e-mails to generate a new ticket in one of the sub-entities.
Some of our users send mail to GLPI rather than using the web interface. Their tickets doesn't get assigned to any tech and therefore they sometimes are forgotten. We would like to automaticaly assign a new ticket added via mail to the technichian who sends it, i.e. the Email header : to in Rules for assigning a ticket created through a mail receiver.
Any ideas how to assign a tech based on sender e-mail?

#2 2013-09-04 15:17:21

MEI-IT

Re: Assigning tickets to technician based on sender e-mail

Jolly_Swede,

Go to Home >Administration >Rules, then click on "Rules for assigning a ticket created through a mail receiver". You can use the "Email header : from" Criteria to specify a specific group or technician to assign. If you have many users from more than one domain, you can use the same Criteria, but use a "contains" function to assign based on that domain.

We use "Email header : to" as our Criteria, because we only have two domains, and we assign the IT department as a Watcher to ensure no ticket gets missed. IT will determine who needs to work the ticket, whether in the department or someone else, and assign the ticket accordingly.

GLPI v0.84.6 - Ubuntu 12.04 - PHP 5.3.10-1 - Apache 2.2.22 - MySQL 5.5.37
~100 users - ~120 PCs - ~80 servers

#3 2013-09-05 14:23:42

Jolly_Swede

A correction on my last post.
It's not our USERS that send email to our system, it's our technichians (because they are to lazy to open a webbrowser). Our users do not have accounts in GLPI. So what I am trying to accomplish is that when Tech A sends mail to GLPI the ticket is assigned to Tech A. As it is configured now all emails to our helpdesk gets assigned to an entity (our department) without being assigned to a group or a tech. The tech however becomes the requester. Maybe this is all about us having a bad organisation, but that is beyond my control.

I can't find a way to assign a ticket to a group or a tech. I can only asign the ticket to an entity. My choises are:
Entity
Entity based on users profile
Entity from TAG
Entity from domain
Reject email (with email respons)
Reject email (without email respons)

#4 2013-09-06 08:54:38

geoalbi

In addition to ""Rules for assigning a ticket created through a mail receiver" you must also configure a "Business rules for tickets". In business rules you can auto assign a ticket on whatever criteria you may want.

The 2 rules will apply in chain.

#5 2013-09-06 15:34:20

Jolly_Swede

Thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunatley I cannot find a criteria for sender of a mail. The Mail reviever is there though.

#6 2013-09-06 15:58:54

geoalbi

But you have "Requester" which is the same. GLPI will identify the user based on the email of the sender. Set up one business rule for each tech: when requester user is tech1, assign to tech1.

P.S. your technicians would do better register the tickets directly in GLPI.
The mail receiver is for end users that can not connect to glpi interface.
Don't fall for the argument "it's easier to send a mail", it's just lazy.

Normally, technicians don't need and should not be provided with email by the company. For communicating with the clients/requesters they are better and completely served by the glpi interface. Their job is support and all the support communication should be done in the ServiceDesk application.

#7 2013-09-10 09:36:23

Jolly_Swede

Thank you very much! Works like a charm! smile

Yepp! Lazy technichians. I'm a tech but I always log into GLPI with my user account. At least now the tickets will be assigned to the right tech. smile

Board footer