You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2013-09-02 07:59:06

Dale

Printers / Cartridge management

I'm new to GLPi, and I think it is quite good.

With cartridges, you can keep stock levels, attach a cartridge type to a printer and track cartridges being used.

But there seems to be no way of tracking how many pages and at what coverage a cartridge can do.  I think this would be nice to keep and easy to implement.

The next thing that would be really nice to keep track of is the printer's page counter when a cartridge was replaced.  This would be really good to keep track of how efficient different toners are and the printers usage over its lifetime.

Also, when you add a new printer, it would be nice to have an option to have a one step process of adding the initial cartridges that come with the printer.

Any chance these ideas could be implemented for the future.

Dale.

Last edited by Dale (2013-09-03 01:43:21)

#2 2013-09-03 01:42:21

Dale

Re: Printers / Cartridge management

Hi,

I think I understand know how GLPi keeps track of pages printed.

It would still be nice to have a method of recording the cartridges printing capacity and then being able to have an additional column showing the used cartridge's actual efficiency.

Dale.

Board footer