You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2013-08-22 09:20:00

Bruce79

RFC: devices (thin clients)

Hi, I don't know where to put this (or where to mail this)

We've been using glpi for about a year now, and it works great ... (together with ocsinventory)
It is a great tool for helpdesk and inventory managent ...

But we've got one issue:
We are starting to roll out a vmware / vmwiew environment here ...
This means that a thin client can connect to several virtual computers (depending on the user that logs in)

Previous a thin client (registered as a device) would refer to one virtual computer (and that computer would connect  to a screen, keyboard, device, etc ...)

But now one thin client can connect to several virtual computers. (so it is difficult to connect a screen/printer/device to a computer)

I'm not going to ask for a "thin client" in the inventory

But it would be great if devices could be connected with other devices, screens, printers.

This allows us connect a screen/printer with a thin client.

But it also allows us to register several other things like: a vcr (device) can be connected with a screen (monitor).
or a device of the lab (device) can be connected with a interface(device), can be connected with a server (computer)
and I can think of several other things that can be registered.

Board footer