You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2013-02-06 13:55:29

dcl0sm

Monitor Naming

Is there any way of having the Monitor name imported from OCS NG to use the same name of the PC it is connected too, as I dont want to having to go into all 8000 systems and have to manually change the name of the monitor to match the PC

Thanks in advance

Stuart

#2 2013-03-04 17:38:41

dcl0sm

Re: Monitor Naming

dcl0sm wrote:

Is there any way of having the Monitor name imported from OCS NG to use the same name of the PC it is connected too, as I dont want to having to go into all 8000 systems and have to manually change the name of the monitor to match the PC

Thanks in advance

Stuart

Has anybody found a way of doing this, or if this cannot be done, is there any way in which in the Monitor display you can add connection computer, that way we could see the name of the PC which is connected to the Monitor, I and a large number of other staff who use the system, are finding this very difficult to work with, as we have over 8000 monitors with the Establishment

Many thanks in Advance

Stuart

#3 2013-03-04 19:53:15

EmpereurZorg

+1 wink
I asked for it a long time ago on the forum, but it seems that we are not so many wanting this "simple" feature (i have never open a ticket on forge for this)

Version GLPI : 10.0.6 + Plug'in Glpi + Agent Fusion 2.4
Plateforme : Win Server 2019 , Apache 2.4, PHP 8.1

#4 2013-03-07 12:42:26

dcl0sm

EmpereurZorg wrote:

+1 wink
I asked for it a long time ago on the forum, but it seems that we are not so many wanting this "simple" feature (i have never open a ticket on forge for this)

Is there any way we could get the developers to look at this, or even a way we could post up to get this addressed.  I do believe that it will be a big improvement on the product, especially when large organisations are using the product and need to account for the hardware

Many thanks in Advance

Stuart

Versions we are using is 83.4 and ocs 2.0.3

Last edited by dcl0sm (2013-03-13 15:50:58)

#5 2013-03-13 15:51:09

dcl0sm

dcl0sm wrote:
EmpereurZorg wrote:

+1 wink

Is there any way we could get the developers to look at this, or even a way we could post up to get this addressed.  I do believe that it will be a big improvement on the product, especially when large organisations are using the product and need to account for the hardware

Many thanks in Advance

Stuart

Can one of the developers please advise if this can be done please

Stuart

#6 2013-04-25 11:44:59

dcl0sm

dcl0sm wrote:
dcl0sm wrote:
EmpereurZorg wrote:

+1 wink

Many thanks in Advance

Stuart

Can one of the developers please advise if this can be done please

Stuart

Found a way to display the Monitor name, and which PC it is connected too:

If you go to Monitor, then click on the Global search, add computer, and then search by name is not, and then use the first PC, you will then get the additional column which shows the computer which is connected to that monitor

Regards

Stuart

Last edited by dcl0sm (2013-04-25 11:45:29)

Board footer