You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2013-04-22 20:54:21

coelhu

Associating a ticket to a group based on the requester group NOT work!

HI everyone.

It is very simple what I wan't to do but I can't get it to work.
I want to associate a ticket to a group based on the requester group, but it is not working.

I have a user called 'joe' that belongs to group 'test01'

I have created a business rule for tickets like this (it is the only active rule):
  Criteria: Requester group is test01
  Action: Assigned to Group helpdesk01

When user 'joe' creates a ticket it does not get assigned do group helpdesk01!

Then I installed the "behaviors" plug-in and selected 'use requester group' to 'First', then the rule works, but if 'joe' is added to another group (test02) and I change the rule like this:
  Criteria: Requester group is test02
  Action: Assigned to Group helpdesk01

The rule does not work anymore! Looks like glpi only looks for the very first group that the user belongs.
If I change the behaviors plugin in the field 'use requester group' to ALL or NO it does not work anymore too, only works when it is 'First'.

(Note: I don't want to use the behaviros plugin because it brings the user group along to the ticket and this is not the 'behaviour' that I want, I have installed it because other solutions on the net used it)

I'm using GLPI  0.83.8 (upgrated from 0.83.7 that was the first installation)

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

#2 2013-04-23 05:57:05

ultimatejack

Re: Associating a ticket to a group based on the requester group NOT work!

Hi Coelhu,

May I know if you perform the two experiment in a single login session?

Maybe you can tried logout after adding "joe" to another group (test02) and login again to test the rule if it really work.

#3 2013-04-23 13:31:38

coelhu

Hi

I have made dozens of tests with others users too and the problem persists.

This looks like a bug in the glpi code because the rule validation tool shows that it should work OK:

jrv2c0.png
The ticket does not get assigned to group helpdesk01 like the validation tool shows (yes, the rule is active).

If I change the criteria to others things like requester location or category the rule works, it is failing when is requester group

This is the biggest problem that I have now impending me to deploy glpi in my organization.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

#4 2013-04-23 14:19:22

remi
GLPI-DEV
Website

This is not a bug
requester group means requester group of the ticket
doesn't mean requester is member of group

And yes, behavior is a workaround which allow to auto-set the requester group.
And yes, only "first group" is evaluated by rule engines, as GLPI only allow a single group during ticket creation (and so don't evaluated additional groups added by the behavior plugin).

Dév. Fedora 29 - PHP 5.6/7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3/7.4 - MariaDB 10.3 - GLPI master
Certifié ITILv3 - RPM pour Fedora, RHEL et CentOS sur https://blog.remirepo.net/

#5 2013-04-23 15:42:28

coelhu

remi wrote:

This is not a bug
requester group means requester group of the ticket
doesn't mean requester is member of group

And yes, behavior is a workaround which allow to auto-set the requester group.
And yes, only "first group" is evaluated by rule engines, as GLPI only allow a single group during ticket creation (and so don't evaluated additional groups added by the behavior plugin).

So, if I want to create a rule to associate tickets to a specifc group based on the groups that the user that created the ticket belongs, what should I do?

Example:

User1 belongs to group Germany --> rule --> upon ticket creation automatically associate all the tickets created by the people inside group Germany to the group Helpdesk_Europe

User2 belongs to group Egypt --> rule --> automatically associate all the tickets created by the people inside group Egypt to the group Helpdesk_Africa.

User3 belongs to group World --> rule --> automatically associate all the tickets created by the people inside group World to the group Helpdesk_World.

(This is the simplest way to do this for me because I'm importing users from LDAP and there they are organized by groups only)

How to configure this behavior on GLPI?

Thanks

Board footer