You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2013-04-22 11:22:46

Neuromante

Block users from editing reservations

Hey all.

I am using GLPI 0.83.6 to control a small item inventory in my company. Our main goal is to allow users reserve an item and make the system send an email to the inventory admin (me) so he can be alerted of the need and provide the item to the requesting user.

Right now, my main concern is with allowing users to make reservations. I have a "user" profile, which reduced functionality. Of course, a member of this profile should be able to make reservations (Reservations tab -> Current and Future reservations -> blah blah), but turns out that if user A reserved the item I today until tomorrow, user B can, maliciously, overwrite the reserve off item I and assign it to himself.

Although I trust my users I would like to know if there's any kind of way to block current reservations while allowing my users to make new reservations, just to avoid misunderstandings, human mistakes and "extra" work reading reservation emails in case of trouble.
Thanks.

Edit: Didn't realize until now: I'm looking too to block a given "user" to reserve an item with a different user account. (So he can't reserve an item for an admin, for instance)

Last edited by Neuromante (2013-04-22 12:25:02)

Board footer