You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2013-03-06 13:16:59

geoalbi

Difference between incident and request

Is there a difference in how GLPI treats an incident versus a request?

The ticket template is identical, ticket behavior and life-cycle seems also to be the same.

Additionally, if I configure a "Category of tickets" and an associated ticket template, we can choose to make this visible for incidents, requests of problems.
No matter what I select, the associated ticket template will have both incident and request visible. This seems to be a bug, since it defeats the initial purpose of those checkboxes (Visible for an incident, Visible for an request...).

For example, I define a ticket category for a request "Internet access". I choose to make this only visible for requests, since it is clearly a request by any ITIL definition. I define an associated ticket template.
Still, if I open a new ticket and select Category (class) : "Internet access", I still have the option to select either Incident or Request.

Thanks,

#2 2013-03-06 17:04:27

sgeorge

Re: Difference between incident and request

geoalbi wrote:

For example, I define a ticket category for a request "Internet access". I choose to make this only visible for requests, since it is clearly a request by any ITIL definition. I define an associated ticket template.
Still, if I open a new ticket and select Category (class) : "Internet access", I still have the option to select either Incident or Request.

Yes. This is a one way feature. You can restrict available categories list based on the ticket type (incident or request) only during creation. So after ticket creation you can change the ticket type. And it has no impact on the category.

#3 2013-03-06 17:48:38

geoalbi

sgeorge wrote:
geoalbi wrote:

Yes. This is a one way feature. You can restrict available categories list based on the ticket type (incident or request) only during creation. So after ticket creation you can change the ticket type. And it has no impact on the category.

I see what you mean: you first select either incident or request, then based on this selection you have the list of available categories.
But this is not the case. I still have the option "Internet access" active for both Incident and Request, even though I checked only "Visible for an request" in the "Internet access" category of tickets.

#4 2013-03-06 19:12:42

sgeorge

This feature works well for me. I mean that I don't experience such an issue. I use 0.83.7

I would recommend
- check your settings. If they exactly is what you think they are.
- keep in mind that Categories are entity aware. You could have several categories with the same  name in different entities e.g. "Internet access" in Entity_1 and "Internet access" in Entity_2. So you made your settings (Visible for an request) for the category which is in Entity_1 but while creating a ticket you see for some reason the one which in the other entity.
- I'm not sure if it would be usefull but anyway try to log out and log in again after you've made changes in Categories.

Board footer