You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2013-03-01 05:19:52

ultimatejack

Components not constraint to Entities?

I notice that when I create a component (e.g. a Hard disk using the Setup > Components, select Hard Disk from drop down list)

I could not get it constraint to a entity.

What I mean by constraint to a entity is let say I have three entities - root entity, team1 entity and team2 entity.

I create a components under team2 entity. So, team1 entity users should not be able to see this component that I have created under team2 entity. (something like the Inventory > Computers)

Am I missing something (such as how to make component not visible to other entity?)

#2 2013-03-01 06:35:05

Detox

Re: Components not constraint to Entities?

This is what I have done:  root entitiy  and two others - div1 and div2

Anything I add to inventory in div1 is not viewable to div2 and the reverse is true.

The trick was to add the item into inventory while in div1 to be seen only by div1 or create in div2 to be seen only by div2.

If this is a component of a computer assigned to div1 it should stand to reason you would attach it to a specific computer in this div.

I cannot find a menu where a standard user can view unattached components.  I can, as a admin, attach a component to a specific item (printer, laptop, etc) and then it would be visible as it is attached to the user's assigned equipment.

Not being a guru on the topic, I will try to prove myself wrong, but I think my logic makes sense.

Hope it helps

Remember,  Technology is our Friend!

#3 2013-03-01 11:18:02

ultimatejack

Re: Components not constraint to Entities?

Thank Detox for your explanation.

However, there are cases in which the lab tech for div1 will need to insert his/her components into the system. (He/she will later attached to his/her inventory item such as Computers)

So, wondering if it would be better to place the "Component" from the Setup > Components to the Inventory menu (so it would look like Inventory > Component and thus the component will be able to be constraint to an entity)

Board footer