You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-11-27 22:45:41

chxyan

Unable to create new dropdowns

I just installed GLPI, with data injection plugin. before import a csv file, I need to create some customized fields. So I went to "Setup-Dropdowns", try to create a new dropdown, however the 'add' icon is grey, I am not able to create a new dropdown. Any ideas?
Thanks.

#2 2012-11-28 16:01:11

danh
Website

Re: Unable to create new dropdowns

Did you select the drop down location first?

Thanks,
Dan

#3 2012-11-28 16:30:26

chxyan

I am new to glpi. Where is the dropdown location? I want to create a new type of dropdown, not the values of a dropdown. for example, my csv file that is to be imported to glpi contains a field named 'ship to client date'. I would like to link the "ship to client date' field to table 'financial and administrative info', but no appropriate fileds that I can choose from. so I want to create a field named 'ship to client date' under this table. I guess I can do it by adding a new dropdown. If it is wrong please let me know what's the right way to do it. thank you.

#4 2012-11-28 16:42:01

danh
Website

You can create new dropdowns in any of these sections.
glpi-dropdowns.png

Thanks,
Dan

#5 2012-11-28 19:41:59

chxyan

I am able to create a new dropdown value under one dropdown type, e.g. created 'Active' under 'Status'. But I am unable to create a dropdown type, which is what I want to do. For exmaple, I wish to have a dropdown called "work days", and then I should be able to add Monday to Friday under it. In the data file injection plugin, it is required that each field in the source csv file to be mapped to a field of an existing table. The issue is that, when I cannot find a matching field in the table, I am not able to create it.

Board footer