You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-10-04 12:29:49

Gerrit

Print "Issue Voucher" and "Return Voucher"

I've have been evaluating GLPI and I'm amazed by all the features that are included in it, but there is 1 thing I've not been able to find (I also checked the plug-ins):

To print an "Issue Voucher" when equipment is issued to an user and subsequently a "Return Voucher" when the equipment is returned after use. This requirements is needed as auditors will not accept an electronic record.

Even though the users do not pay for the equipment, we want to have a formal point where the user takes ownership of the equipment they use through these vouchers. The signed documents are stored and can be used as "evidence" in case there is an discrepancy in the system.

I believe that all the needed information is already in the system, but I've not found any place where you can actually print such a page.

Ideally, an Issue Voucher should list multiple items (e.g. desktop is usually issued with monitor, UPS etc), so they should all appear on a single page, listing at the bottom the person issuing the equipment as well as the person receiving the equipment. A return voucher would be very similar where someone in the "warehouse" would sign for receiving the items (in good order) back in stock.

The same issue voucher could be used for consumables, even though they are normally not returned we still would like to know where these items went.

Have I overlooked this feature or is GLPI generally used in environments where a formal hand-over is not required? This is at the moment the only issue that is preventing me from rolling out this otherwise amazing application.

Many thanks in advance.

#2 2012-10-09 20:02:29

APM SUpport

Re: Print "Issue Voucher" and "Return Voucher"

Gerrit,
I know that this is not exactally the solution you are looking for, but I simply export the data to SLK or CSV and create a mail merge form in Word.
The forms are on company stationary (embeded in doc), contain specific identifying information for the user and the equipment.
It also includes a statement of responsibility and penalty. It's signed by the user, and then by an issuing authority. It also includes a space for the custodian to receive the equipment on it's return.
In our company final checks are not issued until these forms are on file with HR.

#3 2012-10-10 14:25:22

Gerrit

First of all, thanks for replying. It's also good to know that we're not the only organisation that wants to formalize issuing and returning equipment through a voucher.

I've been looking at the export function, but not sure from where to use it best, for example, the export function is not available from the "all equipment by user" page: http://demo.glpi-project.org/front/user.form.php?id=6 (tab 3 or tab 4).

It could work from the general "Computer" overview after drilling down to the equipment of the user, but that would list all the equipment, not just the newly issued equipment. I've been thinking that it wouldn't be bad to give the user a list of all equipment he/she has received rather then keeping year old vouchers, but if a user has a lot of equipment, the list would be several pages. The user would probably not sign off on a long list of equipment if he/she can't recall it was issued in the last few years (or at least I wouldn't).

I started to look at the Reports function. What we need would not be very different from "Loan" report. The drop down list should then not contain everyone, but only those people that received (or returned) equipment in the last hour/day. The person is selected and the screen shows the items for visual verification. When we do the "export to PDF" function, it should slap the user details and the logged-on user details at the bottom of the report (ideally with a nice organisation logo at the top and some text).

Worse case, I was thinking that it maybe something that I could build in PHP: I presume it should be fairly simple to create a SQL statement showing all the equipment issued to a person in the last hour/day, based on the User ID. The user logged in is known, so it should be possible to get the name details of both receiver and issuer and place it on a page.

Even though I've been coding for over 15 years, I have no clue about PHP, so this will be a bit of challenge.  I'm going to do some more reading on see what's possible with the reports and as there is active plug-in community, I might even venture in development. Any tips on either is very much appreciated.

#4 2012-11-20 12:52:19

sonjohn719
Website

Thanks a lot.... thanks for your information... very much useful for me.... smile

Embedded Projects  in Chennai

Board footer