You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-09-13 13:50:36

okade

Active Directory and Entities

I am using 0.83.4 with LDAP authentication to Active Directory. We have several regions worldwide and I would like to have be able to have users who log into the system be automatically moved into the respective Entity.
Example:
Entity: North America
Entity: South America -> with child Entities of Central America-> with Child Entities of (Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras, Nicaragua, etc.)

Our Active Directory user account information that would map into the child entity is listed in Active Directory in the "Address Tab" and shown as "Country/Region".

I've tried to create the Entities manually first in GLPI and named them exactly as they show in the Address Tab ->Organization  in Active Directory.
I've tried to set the settings in "Entities -> Advanced Information->LDAP Attribue representing the entity" but that does not work. (dont really know what to set there ... l=Costa Rica ???

I've then gone into the "Rules ->Authorization assignment Rules". But I can't figure out how to write a rule for the "Country/Region" atrtibute as the Country attribute is not an option.

How can a user who logs in, be automatcially assigned towards a specific entity?
Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

#2 2012-09-14 14:56:55

okade

Re: Active Directory and Entities

Please ??? Anyone??? Am I asking the unthinkable or did I not make sense in what I am trying to accomplish?
There is so much intelligence in this group that someone must have an idea.
I already tried to RTFM but I cant find any detailed reference.

#3 2012-09-14 16:27:00

danh
Website

I don't see country listed in the Authorizations assignment rules, so I don't think it's possible - at least not out of the box.

Thanks,
Dan

#4 2012-09-17 14:27:03

okade

Dan,
I've done the following and it seems to work.

1. Created Entities manually based on Country / Region codes in Active Directory.
2. In the database table glpi_rulerightparameters I've added a new value of (LDAP) Country with a value of "co".
this allowed me to query the users Country/Region attribute at login.
3. Created the "Athorizations Rule" and assign the new drop down "(LDAP) Country" to the respective Entity.
4. When a user logs in, his attribute is queried and asssigned to the Entity.

Let's just hope I remember these change when the next update comes around.

Board footer