You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-06-19 23:16:35

akirby

Connection timeout when adding email to Receiver list

Hello,

I tried to find a similar posting about this but without much luck. I am trying to add an email account to the Receiver list so that tickets can be generated when users email our ticketing email account. I've only been learning about this program the last couple days, so if anybody has a "best practices" methodology with this, I would definitely appreciate it. Thank you!

#2 2012-06-20 07:59:22

samhancke

Re: Connection timeout when adding email to Receiver list

a timeout usually means your GLPI  system is unable to contact the mail server.
Have you checked your internet settings?
maybe there's an enforced firewall where you're trying to deploy your GLPI?
Are you sure the server you're trying to contact is available? etc...

are you running GLPI on windows or Linux? if so, which webserver do you use?

#3 2012-06-20 17:10:10

akirby

I wondered if there was a problem getting the mail settings correct. We are currently using Gmail, and in all other instances, we are able to access their servers. I've opened the necessary ports on the router to allow IMAP traffic to come back in, but I'm still getting a "connection failed." I'm running it on Ubuntu 12.04. For the webserver, I'm assuming you mean what GLPI is hosted on? If so, we're running Apache. Thanks for the feedback!

#4 2012-06-20 17:22:53

akirby

Nevermind. It's amazing after getting tunnel vision for the entire day looking at one finite problem, and then coming back the next day to find that you inputted the wrong server, it's enough for a facepalm! Thanks again for the help.

Board footer