You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-06-07 09:50:31

reqman

Prohibit the technician profile from closing tickets

Hello all,

I have just installed 0.83.2 alongside OCS-NG. I have a super-user account for myself and I have created an account with roles "technician" and "self-service" for a technician I employ.

Now, I want this technician user to be able to open tickets etc, but not close them. Specifically, I want the technician to send a request for closing the ticket. Meaning that I will check on the solution and if all is well I (with the super-user account) will close it.

For that purpose, I thought that all I had to do would be to login in with my account, go to Administration -> Profiles, select the technician profile -> tab "Life Cycles" and then set to "No" the option boxes of column "Closed" (only that column). However, this does not work. The user is still presented with the option to close the ticket.

In tab "Assistance" of the same technician profile I've also tried setting "Create a validation request" to "No": same result.

I must say that although GLPI seems very impressive, the lack of English documentation (I've read the wiki, but it doesn't help much) makes it quite difficult for me to grasp things initially.

Any help will be appreciated.

EDIT: I am using GLPI in Greek. Don't know if this has anything to do with the issue at hand...

Last edited by reqman (2012-06-07 10:09:18)

Glpi 9.4.6

#2 2012-06-08 09:24:07

yllen
GLPI-DEV

Re: Prohibit the technician profile from closing tickets

Parameters in Life Cycles must have NO for all the column Close for the Technician profil.

But, you can also solve a ticket by approving the solution. So, if your technician is the author of the ticket and approve the solution, the ticket will be close.

You can also close a ticket by just solve a ticket if in your entity parameters you have Close ticket after 0 day)

CentOS 6.5 - CentOS 7.x
PHP 5.6 - PHP 7.x - MySQL 5.6  - MariaDB 10.2 + APC + oOPcache
GLPI from 0.72 to dev version
Certifiée ITIL (ITV2F, ITILF, ITILOSA)

#3 2012-06-14 08:45:19

reqman

Apologies for the late reply, busy days...

As far as I can understand one can validate the creation of the ticket or validate the closure of the ticket, correct?

If so let me rephrase my problem:
* I have a user as Technician.
* I don't care about the initial ticket validation, all tickets should be preapproved.
* Some tickets are created by the technician himself, others by the super-user and then assigned to the technician

Now, I had already set "NO" for the "CLOSED" column in the technician profile.

What I want to do is:
* The technician should NOT be able to close a ticket, but
* he SHOULD be able to ask to a specific approver to close the ticket

Unfortunately, it seems he can close his own tickets, even though the column is set to NO and he is not able to check the tickets that he wishes to be approved to be closed from the ticket list, no such option is given...

Ideas?

Glpi 9.4.6

#4 2012-06-15 15:12:59

yllen
GLPI-DEV

Your technician approves the solution of the ticket ?
What is your parameter for Close Tickets after (setup of your entity) ?

CentOS 6.5 - CentOS 7.x
PHP 5.6 - PHP 7.x - MySQL 5.6  - MariaDB 10.2 + APC + oOPcache
GLPI from 0.72 to dev version
Certifiée ITIL (ITV2F, ITILF, ITILOSA)

#5 2012-06-15 21:08:26

reqman

yllen wrote:

Your technician approves the solution of the ticket ?

No he doesn't, but he can also not send a request for a ticket to close...

What is your parameter for Close Tickets after (setup of your entity) ?

"Never".

Glpi 9.4.6

Board footer