You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-05-24 17:02:11

viniciospereira

Categories by entities

Dears,

I am having a problem in GLPI that seems to be basic. Since I'm not finding the solution I guess I'm missing some silly detail. On the way that I have deployed GLPI I created a number of categories and subcategories. These categories are relate to the entities in as n x m. Like this:

Entity A:
      Category 1
        Category 1.1
        Category 1.2
        Category 1.3
      Category 2
        Category 2.1
        Category 2.2

Entity B:
     Category 1
        Category 1.1
        Category 1.2
        Category 1.3
      Category 3
        Category 3.1
        Category 3.2
        Category 3.3

And so on.

I've seen that I can create categories into entity but, in this case, I can't analyze the categories "aggregating" all entities I will have several categorys 1, several categorys 1.1, etc.

What I want is to create my category structure at the root entity and do a "selectively inherit". That is to say that Category 1 is inherited by entities A and B, but category 2 is inherited only by A and 3 only by the B.

Is this possible somehow?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Vinícios Pereira

#2 2012-05-24 17:32:14

remi
GLPI-DEV
Website

Re: Categories by entities

It is not possible.

A category is visible in a single entity or in a sub-tree (when attribute "sub-entity" is set to yes).

Dév. Fedora 29 - PHP 5.6/7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3/7.4 - MariaDB 10.3 - GLPI master
Certifié ITILv3 - RPM pour Fedora, RHEL et CentOS sur https://blog.remirepo.net/

Board footer