You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2015-04-14 15:24:24

madjaric

Delay in mail notifications for projects and tasks

There is some kind of delay in mail notifications (setup possible minimum at 5 minutes window) for projects and tasks. In tickets there is no delay, thus the emails are coming instantenously. In addition, sometimes project/task notifications are coming with delay 10, 20 or 30 minutes after update.
Question: is that a feature or bug? I am stating this question because of the fact that I can't see any reason for delay, and especially no reason for differentiate notificatuions from tickets compared to notifications from projects/tasks.
Of course, if GLPI mail engine has major load, then such kind of delay can be automatically implemented, but in usual idle situation, there is nor reasonn for that.

Miro

#2 2015-04-18 14:44:00

KKAdmin

Re: Delay in mail notifications for projects and tasks

SHORT:
If you don't know what "glpi" mode means then read this.

http://kevinjmorse.ca/articles/setting- … ntu-server

My definition of run mode "glpi" is
I didn't find i good desciption für "automatic job" run mode "glpi". I think this topic could be better described or find an other name. "Only operates if you click in glpi website" and not "GLPI". Okay it is not a good name. smile

I had the same problem http://www.glpi-project.org/forum/viewt … p?id=34063

You can mark this threat as [resolved] in subject of your threat. (This is only available edit of the first post.) It is good for users who help others to quickly see which post is still open.
##############################################
GLPI 9.3.3

#3 2015-04-18 14:55:27

madjaric

Tnx, I will forward this answer to my programming team.
My problem is that I am looking at that exclusively from the users' point of view: I am working at 2am with our GLPI site, definitely as one and only active user. I write the ticket follow-up and I don't see any notification for 5 minutes exactly. Delayed mail sending can have some purpose during the heavy workload, but at 2am???
In general, I can0t figure out this treshold 5-10 ore more minutes which can be set in the setup: why not simple FiFo process? What is the purpose of setting this time treshold? Wjat happens if there are the messages that can't be sent within 5 minutes?

Miro

#4 2015-04-18 19:13:10

KKAdmin

Okay with user view smile

Admin can configure the times...

If the system is configure in run mode "glpi" further discussing is not necessary.

I think we should wait for the answer of the programming team.

I'm not the programmer but FiFo is not possible for some tasks.
Task "E-Mail Receiver" System can't know it if you send it an email.  it's like check-mails-check-mails-check-mails..... not good for your E-Mail Servers

You can mark this threat as [resolved] in subject of your threat. (This is only available edit of the first post.) It is good for users who help others to quickly see which post is still open.
##############################################
GLPI 9.3.3

#5 2015-04-19 19:35:20

madjaric

Programmers are thinkig about that!
FiFo: your explanation is completely unclear for me: waht the FiFo has to do with OUR e-mail server. As far as I understand this architecture, GLPI is pushing e-mail requests in standard format to OUR e-mail server with some delays. Thus, we are not speaking about delays in OUR e-mail server, but about delays which are set obviusly in GLPI e-mail module, which is performing the push towards OU e-mail server. So, this GLPI module has to act instantaneously and not with delay. If the load is higher then processing power of whole GLPI system, then FiFo is to to be applied.
Only purpose for delay I can imagine is that the user can have the opportunity for proofreading of some text entered and then to send  the final version (this might be 5 minutes delay, but not max 5 minutes delay).
In general, if someone wants to have delay, ok, but if not, why not to set it on 0, if wanted so?

Miro

Board footer