You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2014-03-05 20:03:14

jon.hart

Entity for software creation issue

Hi, I'm currenty having problems with the "Entity for software creation" option which doesn't seem to work as expected.
I would like computers assinged to child entity, but software to be global at the root entity.

GLPI version 0.84.5, with OCS Inventory NG plugin 1.02

To replicate:

1. Create child of root entity.
2. Create rule under "Rules for assigning an item to an entity", to assign computers from OCS import to child entity.
3. Under the child entity, Administration -> Assets, change  "Entity for software creation" to the root entity.
    (the root entity "Entity for software creation" is set to "No change of entity")
4. Import computer from OCS.

Result:
* Computer is imported and assigned to child entity (correct)
* Software is imported and assigned to the child entity (not root entity specified in "Entity for software creation")

I have removed existing machines and software from GLPI (including dustbin), and re-imported, but behavior is the same.

Regards,

Jon

Last edited by jon.hart (2014-03-05 20:13:22)

#2 2014-03-07 11:56:27

yllen
GLPI-DEV

Re: Entity for software creation issue

jon.hart wrote:

3. Under the child entity, Administration -> Assets, change  "Entity for software creation" to the root entity.
    (the root entity "Entity for software creation" is set to "No change of entity")

In configuration of child entity, you must select root entity for "Entity for software creation"

CentOS 6.5 - CentOS 7.x
PHP 5.6 - PHP 7.x - MySQL 5.6  - MariaDB 10.2 + APC + oOPcache
GLPI from 0.72 to dev version
Certifiée ITIL (ITV2F, ITILF, ITILOSA)

#3 2014-03-07 17:02:50

jon.hart

Sorry - I realised I was a bit ambigious, I have "Entity for software creation" set as you suggest:

* Configuration of the child entity, the root entity is selected for "Entity for software creation".

* Configuration of the root entity, "No change of entity" is selected for "Entity for software creation".

Jon

#4 2014-09-05 11:39:44

DukeFarell

I have exactly the same issue, and it took me a long time to figure out why I couldn't see the softwares when wanting to list it.

My OCS Inventory plugin on GLPI import correctly the computers, with entities_id to 0, but softwares are always imported from OCS with the entities_id to 1.

Not found yet where to set this option. Thanks for any hint.

http://www.fortisfio.com/
Blog d'échange de connaissances et d'informatique

#5 2015-02-05 16:26:16

jon.hart

For me this issue now seems to be resolved. I had software import switched off for a while, and upon re-enabling all software is imported under the root entity as expected.  I'm currently using GLPI 0.84.8 and OCS Inventory NG plugin 1.03, I believe it may have been resolved in a previous version, however cannot be sure which one.

Board footer