You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2013-09-04 18:37:12

jbitto

General Question

I’m in the middle of testing glpi and so far I’m really impressed with the software. I did have a question though…..I’m using fusioninventory as a plugin to gain information about test computers that I’ve installed the agent on. I noticed that it automatically picked up the monitors and it’s information.

I’m wondering though….If I implement a barcode system and give the monitor a barcode and then say I need to exchange the monitor or assign it to someone else that has the fusion agent installed. Would the software be intelligent enough to know that it is the same monitor, but is on a different system? There is an inventory number in the template that I would be using for the barcode number so it would be unique in nature and I may have several of the same monitors, but the main difference would be those bar codes. I don’t want to run into duplicate entries when the fusion agent connects with the glpi server.

I’m wondering if anyone else has run into this issue. Thanks!!

#2 2013-09-04 19:13:42

ddurieux
Plugins Dev

Re: General Question

If you have configurer plugin with import monitor 'unique on serial number' it will diconnecte on older computer and assign to the new

Board footer