You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2013-08-21 16:33:17

AdesTheShades

Bulk addition of Software to Computers

Hi,
We re using GLPI 0.83.91 to manage EPOS terminals. Basically, they are XP Embedded PCs with our own software installed. These are installed at 100s of remote sites so we can't use any utilities to audit them.

I've used the Data Injection plug-in to import all of the data for the hardware into Computers but now I need to bulk add in the details of our software. We have two versions which I have set up under Inventory - Software with the relevant Licence. I can add the relevant version to Computers one by one but I can't find a way of doing this on bulk as Software doesn't appear in the Update dropbox.

If there a way of doing this?

Thanks

Ades

GLPI 0.83.91 Linux VPS running Parallels

#2 2013-08-21 17:43:13

AdesTheShades

Re: Bulk addition of Software to Computers

I've found this in the Wiki.

Management: Software
Software usually includes a number of licenses, each with a serial number and an associated expiration date.
The installation of software is changed within the details of the computer or through a mass change. Each time a software is installed, the number of licenses available for this software decreases.
It is possible to install software, even if no license is available, a license marked as “buy” will be created automatically.
For free software, it is possible to specify “free” as the serial number for the software. This will enable software to be installed multiple times without being flagged as “buy” in the system.
It is also possible to specify the keyword “global” instead of the serial number if you have software with blanket licenses (site or Enterprise Licence). This software can also be installed on an unlimited number of hosts
You can add multiple licenses at once, and the serial number and expiration date will be the same for each.
From the Setup tab, you can run a bulk change for all equipment related to a license, amend the expiry date of the purchase or move to another license.

Is this up-to-date?

#3 2013-08-21 18:07:58

AdesTheShades

Re: Bulk addition of Software to Computers

Hmmm - looks like I missed something simple - if I'd have looked for "Install" in the Update dropdown in the first place...

Board footer