You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2013-07-25 18:05:30

linker3000

Need a warning when business rules affected by a change

Hi,

Would it be possible to display a warning when any configuration change will affect any of the rules in a way that makes them invalid or possibly incorrect?

We just had a situation where tickets were being assigned to a deleted user and showing that user's name in the Assigned to field. The situation was confusing as the deleted user account had the same name as a live one so nothing looked wrong.

The scenario that caused this was as follows:

• I setup a new GLPI instance and created a user called James (with no email address) during testing and training

• I created and tested a rule to assign tickets to James

• Sometime later, I linked GLPI to Active Directory via LDAP and imported all users, including the 'real' James - with an email address

• I deleted the old James account

• James stops getting emails because the old (deleted) James account is still being used by the rules

I eventually figured out what was happening but it would be useful to identify when deleted elements are being used by rules. Another option would be to put an indicator (or a colour change?) against users, groups etc. that are marked as deleted when they show up in any live field.

This is with V0.83.91

Thanks

Board footer