You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2013-06-27 15:56:38

linker3000

Restricting customers to a subset of ticket categories

Hi,

I am working on a new GLPI installation for a helpdesk that will be used to manage tickets from several different companies. What I want to do is restrict each company to their own set of ticket categories so they cannot see those for a different customer when they are creating their own tickets- for example - If I have these categories:

Company A - Priority 1
Company A - Priority 2
Company A - Priority 3
Company B - Gold
Company B - Silver
Company B - Bronze

I only want Company A to see the first three, and company B the last three.

I have tried setting up entities called CompanyA and CompanyB, and a ticket template that only lists the three categories I want visible, which has restricted the list, but I am clearly not doing things the right way as all I get is a ticket category called (for example) 'Root Entity---CompanyA' rather than seeing the three available categories/priorities and being able to choose one.

Is there a tutorial for this or can someone help me out.

Thanks

#2 2013-06-28 09:30:45

yllen
GLPI-DEV

Re: Restricting customers to a subset of ticket categories

For doing what you want your must use entities because you can define differents categories in each entity

CentOS 6.5 - CentOS 7.x
PHP 5.6 - PHP 7.x - MySQL 5.6  - MariaDB 10.2 + APC + oOPcache
GLPI from 0.72 to dev version
Certifiée ITIL (ITV2F, ITILF, ITILOSA)

#3 2013-07-02 12:14:13

linker3000

Re: Restricting customers to a subset of ticket categories

Thanks for the info - I got as far as setting up an entity to represent the customer but I cannot see how to restrict the categories list or create one just for this customer. I have managed to create a ticket template for the customer but it only shows the name of the entity as the available ticket category and if you select that there are no child entries- can you give me an overview or direct me to a howto?

Edit - here's a bit more information...

I have created a Category called 'CompanyA' and then child categories for the SLA categories eg:

CompanyA > Priority 1
CompanyA > Priority 2
CompanyA > Priority 3

If I look at the 'CompanyA' category in the dropdowns configuration screen, it shows that Priority 1, 2 and 2 are 'sons of CompanyA' so there seems to be some form of association between the parent and children, but this is not showing up on the ticket creation screen.

Is this by design, do I have to turn on inheritance somewhere or is it a bug?

Edit 2: I think I am getting there - I have to be viewing the right entity level when I create the categories. Moving/reassigning categories to different entities or children later doesn't seem to work reliably.

Last edited by linker3000 (2013-07-02 13:15:17)

Board footer