You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2013-04-30 10:42:13

makeijan
Website

Merging software using a dictionary rule

I've found a couple of software version I was misusing and I want to merge them together. In fact what I want is to get all Tickets, problems and docs together under one single Software item.

I'm using Software dictionary and so far I had no remarkable issues, but something I'm not able to identify is not working right, so I'm asking for your help.

Under software I have this APP, and APP 1 and APP2. I want to merge them all under APP.

What I've done is a new dictionary rule:
*Criteria
**Software - Starting with - APP
*Action
**Software - Assign - APP

So APP 1 and APP 2 should merge with APP, am I right?. But I only get APP 1 and APP 2 deleted and a comment: "Software deleted by GLPI dictionary rules"

I'd like to know If I'm making any wrong assumptions or if there's another way to reach the same objective.

Thanks

#2 2013-05-02 12:57:14

makeijan
Website

Re: Merging software using a dictionary rule

I can't believe anyone had this issue before. Or is it a bug?

#3 2013-09-04 06:08:08

Dale

Re: Merging software using a dictionary rule

Hi,

I'm new to GLPi and through the learning curve of configuring automatic inventory and configuring software rules, I have also managed to create duplicate software entries with PC's spread out overy these multiple entries.

I too would like to know how to merge these multiple entries into a single entity.

Regards,
Dale.

Last edited by Dale (2013-09-04 06:09:21)

Board footer