You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2013-04-23 15:45:55

shareit

Entity Creation & Management

Hi,

I am struggling with Entity and listed below is the problem.

The Current Scenario.

One installation of GLPI in Office A which has users from Office B also accessing this same instance as Root entity.

However, I have created a separate entity altogether for Office B but my requirements aren't being met.

I have the following needs.

The segregation that for Office A and Office B should be such that both should NOT able to view each other's tickets. However, as OfficeA is under Root entity, it's OK if OfficeA can view OfficeB's issues. But OfficeB shouldn't be able to view OfficeA's tickets.

Currently, Office A has the main email ID as supportofficeA@mydomain.com.

In earlier testing, it was noticed that despite giving separate ID for Officr B as supportofficeB@mydomain.com, the emails
were being routed to supportA@mydomain.com

Therefore, I would require that each entity must have the emails routed to its assigned Admin email ID and shouldn't be routed via the Root (OfficeA's) email ID.

I would also like 3-4 users from OfficeB to be assigned the "normal" profile. However, if they log tickets for OfficeA, they
should be able to do so as Post-only users for which I think they need to use the Recursive profile option.

Please can someone list simple steps about how to achieve this because we do not want multiple machines and multiple
GLPIs and MySQL DBs running all over.

All help sincerely appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

#2 2013-05-03 22:03:36

caimano68

Re: Entity Creation & Management

Hi,
if you use two gateway you can redirect the emails to the correct entity with the businness rules.
for the users you can assign a profile based to the entity to give correct rights. A way to give post only right to the second entity is set   permission to root entity -post only -recursive and add  tech right for the other entities.
Hope this help you and sorry for my english.
M.

Glpi 0.84.8 - production  and testing - OCS 2.1.2  - Mysql 5 - Apache 2 - php5 - Ubuntu server LTS 14.04 LTS
Plugins:    behaviour, position, generic object, sim management, web services, projects _______________________________________________

Board footer