You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2013-01-20 23:42:29

mhouston100

Decommissioned equipment and elements

Hi guys,

I'm hoping this is a feature I've overlooked but we have a small issue.  We use the element status to mark equipment as 'Decommissioned', which is fine when filtering in the equipment lists (computers, phone etc).

However when we are assigning tickets and selecting the assigned element  it will display ALL of the equipment no matter what status.  So for instance we have a server called SERVER,  we have replaced this server 3 times now and 'decommissioned' the two old ones,  when we go to assign it as the element in a ticket it will display all three of the servers. 

This is making it inconvenient for our support staff as they then have to go and look up which is the current element in use.

So two part question:

1. How do the rest of you guys deal with decommissioned elements?  Am I missing some functionality in GLPI for decomm'ing stuff?

2. Is it possible to filter these dropdown boxes so only certain status' will appear?

#2 2013-01-21 00:09:33

mhouston100

Re: Decommissioned equipment and elements

I've just been extending my search and I've found this post here:

http://www.glpi-project.org/forum/viewt … p?id=29695

But it doesn't really offer any solution other that deleting,  which I guess is the GLPI preferred way of tracking decommissioned machines?

Board footer