You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-10-16 16:48:03

mcarey

Mail recievers PHP error. Cannot setup mail reciever.

Hello All,

We are about to go live with our GLPI install and ran into a huge issue. I cannot setup the mail reciever.

Our setup = GLPI 83.5 (was 83.4 this morning, updated to see if it fixed issue)
Ontop of Ubuntu server 12.4
LDAP integrated = workes great
sending mail through our Exchange 2007 server = works great
Pulling mail = cant get it to work.

I turned on debug mode and everytime I hit get messages to test the mail reciever I get the red bar at the top of the page giving me a PHP imap_open error. Couldnt open stream to {serverip/pop} error in /var/www/glpi/inc/mailcollector.class.php line 833

I have tried all combinations. non work.

Can someone please help. We cant go live with this if it cant pull mail.

Thank you,

Mike

#2 2012-10-16 16:51:24

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

Re: Mail recievers PHP error. Cannot setup mail reciever.

Is your password good ?

MoYo - Julien Dombre - Association INDEPNET
Contribute to GLPI :    Support     Contribute     References     Freshmeat

#3 2012-10-16 16:52:49

mcarey

Yes. I reset it on the account just to make sure.

#4 2012-10-16 16:59:18

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

Have you try to set it again on GLPI ?
The error means an error to mail account so in connections parameters or on login/passwords

#5 2012-10-16 17:03:56

mcarey

For the account where it says login: it should just be the user account, correct? I dont need to put in the domain name or @domain name (like an email address).

#6 2012-10-16 17:16:06

mcarey

I have also seen alot of posts online about imap_open issues with Exchange 2007 and 2010 due to GSSAPI issues. People turn that auth off in PHP someplace. Could it be that?

#7 2012-10-16 17:18:12

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

Yes it may be.
In 0.84 you will have an option in the config.

#8 2012-10-16 17:20:08

mcarey

Ok. Ill see if I can work around it on my exchange server and Ill post back.

#9 2012-10-16 17:50:13

mcarey

there are post saying to add this line ot the end of the php string to get mail -- ('DISABLE_AUTHENTICATOR' => 'GSSAPI'));
Would you know where I would have to add that line to test it?
got the info from this site  -- http://forums.sugarcrm.com/f5/disabling … ngs-80705/

Or

Do you have the updated version of mailcollector.class.php that would allow me to disable it?

Thank you

#10 2012-11-08 21:12:34

DeepY0X

Hi, is there a solution about it? I have 0.83.60 glpi version and have the same problems.

In ../files/_log/php-errors.log I have these messages

Warning(2): imap_open(): Couldn't open stream {............./notls}
Backtrace :
/var/www/glpi/inc/mailcollector.class.php:833           imap_open()

Last edited by DeepY0X (2012-11-09 02:31:42)

#11 2012-11-08 22:39:50

mcarey

Sorry DeepY0X,

I havent heard from anyone about this since a month ago. I am ending up having to scrap alot of work done and keeping my current Help Desk (Spiceworks). Its kind of a shame too, I really like GLPI but what a show stopper. I have tried dozens of things to try to get this to work and it fails everytime. Thats the same imap_open error I get (except it has my info in the brackets) but its the exact same error, same imap_open error, same mailcollector.class.php and even the same line in the code.

Its apparently an issue with malformed kerberose tokens in exchange 2007/2010. To get around it I'v tried ever thing in the book and get the same error.
1. Every option listed on this forum
2. Recompiling PHP without kerborose
3. trying to use a POP3/IMAP proxy
4. Exchange settings
5. Everything (I mean that literally) that I could find on the net.

I can get it to pull email from gmail but thats not acceptable to my company. The mail needs to stay in network. If you find a solution please by all means email me directly or post on here (PLEASE)
I put alot of work into setting up GLPI, configuring it, add-ons, dozens of hours of work before I found out it wouldnt collect mail. Sad that I have to scrap alot of my time over something as simple as fetching emails.

I have also heard no response from the developer above since his last post. I guess I'll just have to find something else. Spiceworks is OK but has gone downhill in its last few iterations and I might look into RT Tracker or ORTS. I guess I got big eyes about GLPI because up until the point I found it couldnt pull email, it was hands down the best Open Source Helpdesk solution out there.

Let me know if you find anything,

Thank you

#12 2012-11-14 02:10:41

sonia4lvarez

I had a similar problem, my mail server is a postfix runing on Centos, I could resolv it changing the conection string
It didn't work for me: {ipmailserver:110/pop3/}INBOX
but it worked perfectly: {ipmailserver:110/pop3/notls}INBOX

I had to review the code and made some tests changing the connection string with this code:
<?php
date_default_timezone_set('America/Los_Angeles');
$mbox= imap_open( "{ipmailserver:110/pop3/notls}INBOX" , "user" , "clave" );
?>
More information about this function: http://www.php.net/manual/es/function.i … .php#28307

I hope it help you!

#13 2013-04-09 18:02:19

geoalbi

Hi,

Have you had any progress in resolving this?
I'm having the exact same problem: tested GLPI on a CentOS stack (Apache 2.0, PHP5.3.3) with a test HMailServer over IMAP. Working great.
Trying to deploy in production with Exchange and could not get it to work.

I even installed openssl on my CentOS GLPI server and connected from there to the Exchange IMAP. Read the mailbox, not a single problem. You might try this to narrow down your problem.
First install openssl (as IMAP client)
Then use it to try to connect to your Exchange and see what works: http://delog.wordpress.com/2011/05/10/a … g-openssl/
My connection string was: openssl s_client -crlf -connect servermail.domain.com:993

So, I could connect from the GLPI server to the IMAP using a different clinet, but not with GLPI.
Tried replicating the connection string in GLPI without success.

right now I'm about in the same position as you: scraping a lot of man days of work on this project and opting for another platform, which is very unfortunate.

#14 2013-04-18 14:28:11

geoalbi

Hi, This may be a little old, but for those of you who are still having the problem, plus those who will search the forum for a solution, there is one with the help of the fine GLPI folks.

Brief: it all depends on the version of PHP you are using, and implicitly on the version of imap_open. The issues with Exchange were partially solved by the people at PHP by introducing the option to instruct PHP to disregard Kerberos tokens (DISABLE_AUTHENTICATOR). and finally laid to rest by GLPI's Remi with a bug fix to PHP.
Please see topic: http://www.glpi-project.org/forum/viewt … p?id=32231

This is the same old story of Microsoft breaking stuff by implementing it's own interpretation of GSSAPI RFCs in order to throw a wrench in the work of the open sourcers. PHP's imap_open works fine with just about every email sistem on this planet, except for Microsoft Exchange version 2007 and up. Yes, it worked just fine untill Exchange 2003 when perhaps Microsoft decided that this needs a little 'help'.

geoalbi wrote:

Hi,

Have you had any progress in resolving this?
I'm having the exact same problem: tested GLPI on a CentOS stack (Apache 2.0, PHP5.3.3) with a test HMailServer over IMAP. Working great.
Trying to deploy in production with Exchange and could not get it to work.

I even installed openssl on my CentOS GLPI server and connected from there to the Exchange IMAP. Read the mailbox, not a single problem. You might try this to narrow down your problem.
First install openssl (as IMAP client)
Then use it to try to connect to your Exchange and see what works: http://delog.wordpress.com/2011/05/10/a … g-openssl/
My connection string was: openssl s_client -crlf -connect servermail.domain.com:993

So, I could connect from the GLPI server to the IMAP using a different clinet, but not with GLPI.
Tried replicating the connection string in GLPI without success.

right now I'm about in the same position as you: scraping a lot of man days of work on this project and opting for another platform, which is very unfortunate.

Last edited by geoalbi (2013-04-18 15:34:42)

Board footer