You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-08-10 02:40:29

ayee

LDAP and passwords

Hello,

I just got my LDAP to work on GLPI(v 0.83), but as I import users I am unable to log onto GLPI using their credentials. Also, when I try to reset their password there is nowhere to do so.

My question is, how do I set a user's password, and how do I get the function where LDAP users will be added to the GLPI database as they log on to work?

Thanks

#2 2012-08-10 08:30:12

remi
GLPI-DEV
Website

Re: LDAP and passwords

GLPI doesn't store password for LDAP users, but do a LDAP authent to check it.

What is your configuration ?

Dév. Fedora 29 - PHP 5.6/7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3/7.4 - MariaDB 10.3 - GLPI master
Certifié ITILv3 - RPM pour Fedora, RHEL et CentOS sur https://blog.remirepo.net/

#3 2012-08-13 19:27:04

ayee

Thanks for the reply. Turns out it was a problem with our LDAP system.

#4 2013-01-17 11:12:45

ultimatejack

Just a similar question as follows:

Suppose a LDAP user account called 'JACK' was used for the LDAP Authentication setup and the password was provided just below the text box called rootdn. (Setup > Authentication > LDAP directories > {one of the LDAP directory that you have created})

So, is the password being saved somewhere in the database?

Also, if the user 'JACK' change his password, will it affect the LDAP Authentication setup configurations? (since the password there belong to the user 'JACK')

#5 2013-01-19 19:46:33

danh
Website

ultimatejack wrote:

Just a similar question as follows:

Suppose a LDAP user account called 'JACK' was used for the LDAP Authentication setup and the password was provided just below the text box called rootdn. (Setup > Authentication > LDAP directories > {one of the LDAP directory that you have created})

So, is the password being saved somewhere in the database?

Yes, it has to be.  If not, you'd have to enter the password each time you authenticate users.  This is why I use a user with no rights but only can read the LDAP.

Also, if the user 'JACK' change his password, will it affect the LDAP Authentication setup configurations? (since the password there belong to the user 'JACK')

Yes.  I also use a non expiring password for this user.  Our auditors are OK for both of these.

Thanks,
Dan

Board footer