You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-06-14 18:37:27

adrianmarsh

Groups and LDAP

Hi All,

I'm having a second attempt at getting LDAP group memberships working with my LDAP users in GLPI, so that I can setup GLPI so that managers can see their own teams tickets.

I have a number of AD Security Groups called Team - *  (eg, Team - IT, Team - Engineering, etc).

I've installed a vanilla version of 0.83.2.  I've configured LDAP authentication and that works ok. A user on AD can login to GLPI and it creates the glpi account.

When I goto GLPI-> Groups -> LDAP Directory Link -> Import of new groups, it shows up to 90 different groups.

But its missing many of the security groups my LDAP setup has, especially many of the Team-* ones.  I can't figure out why.

I've used an LDAP Browser, using the account that GLPI uses, and I can browse all the groups.

I've checked the security permissions of two of the Team * groups, one that shows and one that doesn't, and I can't see any differences between them.

Any ideas as to why I can't see the other groups ?

If I remove a user from a group in AD, will that reflect automatically in GLPI ?

Thanks for the help.

GLPI 0.83.91/CENTOS5 - OCS 1.01/Win2003

#2 2012-06-14 18:45:53

wawa
GLPI-DEV
Website

Re: Groups and LDAP

adrianmarsh wrote:

But its missing many of the security groups my LDAP setup has, especially many of the Team-* ones.  I can't figure out why.

are these groups standards groups (I mean objectclass=group) ?

adrianmarsh wrote:

If I remove a user from a group in AD, will that reflect automatically in GLPI ?

yes if you frequently synchronize GLPI and AD, or when the user logs in

Board footer