You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2024-04-02 15:49:21

ottofl

Can't write logfiles

Hi, I'm currently trying to install GLPI on a fresh server running Windows Server 2022 and IIS (wich was recommended to us). Because of some plugins we can't just upgrade our current server (running Debian) and I don't want to fool around with our production server, so I want to install our current version (9.4.5), disable those plugins and try to upgrade from there.
But the installer says it can't write log files, although I gave the IIS user the right to write to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\files.
The message says it can't write to C:\inetpub\wwwroot/files/_log. What irritates me are those slashes where it should be backslashes, so I think this might be a config issue but I can't find a config where this path is coded into.

#2 2024-04-03 02:11:10

cconard96
Website

Re: Can't write logfiles

It is odd that someone would move from a Linux (Apache web server?) server to Windows and IIS... that's my opinion though.
For the slashes in the path, parts of paths are hard-coded in GLPI with forward slashes. This isn't an issue though. Forward slashes are the correct way to separate file paths (POSIX compliant). Although Windows uses backslashes by default for backwards compatibility, it also recognizes forward slashes as separators.

For the question about IIS and file permissions, I don't know. I don't use Windows or IIS beyond an AD server for testing with GLPI and a new install of IIS for helping someone else find a setting.

GLPI Collaborator and Plugin Developer.
My non-English comments are automated translations. Sorry for any confusion that causes.
Mes commentaires non anglais sont des traductions automatiques. Désolé pour toute confusion qui cause.
Mis comentarios que no están en inglés son traducciones automáticas. Perdón por cualquier confusión que cause.

Board footer