You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2024-03-28 22:47:47

bturnbough

Differences between "Child" and "linked tickets"

We're looking into utilizing "master" tickets for larger incidents (server XYZ is down...etc).

When a ticket is created, we have the ability to associate the ticket to the master ticket via two methods:
1) making the new ticket a "child" ticket
2) making the new ticket a "Linked" ticket.

Problem is, we're not sure what the differences of these two things are, and the documentation doesn't explain it (that we've found).

Can someone please help us understand this?

Thanks.

#2 2024-03-29 02:58:01

cconard96
Website

Re: Differences between "Child" and "linked tickets"

Typically you would use Problems for incidents like an outage, but using tickets would work too.
There is no functional difference between Parent/Child and Linked as far as GLPI is concerned. The only link type that has any special behavior currently is "Duplicate".
It is up to you to decide what makes sense, but for me, I think having your outage as a parent ticket and then the related tickets as children make the most sense.
You could even then choose a single user-reported child ticket to be you main one and make the others duplicates. That way, you can add a solution to one of the user tickets after the outage is resolved and have all of the duplicates get the same solution at the same time.

GLPI Collaborator and Plugin Developer.
My non-English comments are automated translations. Sorry for any confusion that causes.
Mes commentaires non anglais sont des traductions automatiques. Désolé pour toute confusion qui cause.
Mis comentarios que no están en inglés son traducciones automáticas. Perdón por cualquier confusión que cause.

Board footer