You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2022-06-28 07:54:09

grzmrc

Deploy glpi agent via GPO (not vbs script)

Actually I deploy the msi package through gpo and it works great.
In the same gpo I put the server value in the registray and nothing else.

For large installations you suggested this script http*s://raw.githubusercontent.com/glpi-project/glpi-agent/develop/contrib/windows/glpi-agent-deployment.vbs

but the msi deploy through gpo seems more simple.

So, why the vbs is the best/only way in documentation(large installations)?

#2 2022-06-28 09:34:55

gbougard
Website

Re: Deploy glpi agent via GPO (not vbs script)

Hi grzmrc,

the vbs way was the only way with the fusioninventory-agent installer which was an exe file. Most people around just want to re-use the same process. The vbs also permits to uninstall fusioninventory-agent or ocs agent, this can be handy.

Anyway, the documentation is fully opened, so if you have to contribute and add this way of processing, can I suggest you to propose a documentation update ? You can simply propose an update going to this page, and you just need a github account:
https://github.com/glpi-project/doc-age … /index.rst

GLPI-Agent developer from Teclib' and GLPI-Network team
Previously FusionInventory-Agent maintainer

#3 2022-07-25 11:14:33

V1ru5

Hi grzmrc,

I'd like to deploy the msi package through GPO and wondered if you could do it in silent mode ?

Thank you smile

#4 2022-08-09 11:38:57

doesntMatter

Did someone tried this and find a suitable configuration? I think it would be a bit complicated to avoid "install at every boot" and answer "how to upgrade the agent"?

#5 2022-08-09 13:43:23

bananshar

You can try using InstEd or Orca to create transform file from MSI package with your installation preferences.
Took me a while to figure out, but you just put preferences from agent documentation in Property branch, generate transform against blank installer and add it at the setup of your GPO policy - if you already have one package there - you wont be able to add the transform file.

#6 2022-08-09 13:45:48

doesntMatter

bananshar wrote:

You can try using InstEd or Orca to create transform file from MSI package with your installation preferences.
Took me a while to figure out, but you just put preferences from agent documentation in Property branch, generate transform against blank installer and add it at the setup of your GPO policy - if you already have one package there - you wont be able to add the transform file.

I'm not sure if this is a great solution for a professional environment...

Last edited by doesntMatter (2022-08-09 13:47:03)

#7 2022-08-09 13:49:49

bananshar

doesntMatter wrote:
bananshar wrote:

I'm not shure if this is a great solution for a professional environment...

Orca is official Microsoft tool included in Windows SDK (interface is a bit dated, hence InstEd recommendation) , and if it wasn't ready for production use it wouldn't be available in Active Directory I suppose.

#8 2022-08-09 13:59:28

doesntMatter

bananshar wrote:
doesntMatter wrote:
bananshar wrote:

I'm not shure if this is a great solution for a professional environment...

Orca is official Microsoft tool included in Windows SDK (interface is a bit dated, hence InstEd recommendation) , and if it wasn't ready for production use it wouldn't be available in Active Directory I suppose.

"This tool is only available in the Windows SDK Components for Windows Installer Developers." https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window … i/orca-exe

The point is that it should not be necessary to manipulate such files in this way.... It's a bit like working in a garage ;-)

#9 2022-08-09 14:05:46

bananshar

doesntMatter wrote:

"This tool is only available in the Windows SDK Components for Windows Installer Developers." <url>

The point is that it should not be necessary to manipulate such files in this way.... It's a bit like working in a garage ;-)

GPO doesn't give access to deploying with command line parameters, and I wouldn't want to unnecessarily run it in startup script so transform file is the only option left. Several companies I worked for used them as solution to deploy software with a license key (I believe one of them was MS Office suite) so take it as you wish.

#10 2023-05-08 16:33:48

wmangl

Hi grzmrc,
Could you please tell me how you did to deploy the glpi agent from a gpo. Thank you.

#11 2023-10-11 14:32:56

godel.chen

grzmrc wrote:

Actually I deploy the msi package through gpo and it works great.
In the same gpo I put the server value in the registray and nothing else.

For large installations you suggested this script http*s://raw.githubusercontent.com/glpi-project/glpi-agent/develop/contrib/windows/glpi-agent-deployment.vbs

but the msi deploy through gpo seems more simple.

So, why the vbs is the best/only way in documentation(large installations)?

May i know how did you do the silent installation, please?

#12 2023-10-12 17:13:54

sIBajHYG

I can recommend this option - it works perfectly.
I'm using PDQDeploy. Silent installation, PDQ schedule = heartbeat, with SSL check turned off.
Settings:
\\"mylocalstorage"\fusioninventory-agent_windows-x64_2.6.exe
Parameters:
/S /acceptlicense /add-firewall-exception /no-ssl-check /execmode=Service /installtasks=Full /timeout=30 /delaytime=55 /server="https://"myserver"/plugins/fusioninventory/" /runnow

Last edited by sIBajHYG (2023-10-12 17:14:16)

Linux ubuntu-22.04.2-live-server-amd64, PHP 8.1.2, Apache 2.4.52, MariaDB 10.6.12, GLPI 10.0.6.
FusionInventory 10.0.6+1.1, Human Resources 3.0.4, PHP SAML 1.2.1, Additional Fields 1.21.8, Oauth IMAP 1.4.2

#13 2023-11-13 15:16:30

grefabu

Hi,

I've still problems to create the transform file probabtly.

What I do:

I test the msiexec with the suspected properties:

msiexec -i .\glpi-agent.msi /quiet SERVER=https://FQDN/glpi-prod/marketplace/glpiinventory ADD_FIREWALL_EXCEPTION=1 ADDLOCAL=feat_AGENT AGENTMONITOR=1 EXECMODE=1

After Testing it is working I deinstall glpi and want to create an mst File with orca:

1. open the glpi msi
2. create new Transform
3. add the Parameters to the Property tab.
4. generate Transform

No I suspected, when I execute  msiexec /i .\glpi-agent.msi /transforms=glpi-agent.mst the fields should be filled?
But the Properties weren't filled rigth.

Where ist my mistake?

#14 2023-11-14 08:45:27

grefabu

I found my error, with this it works:

msiexec /i glpi-agent.msi TRANSFORMS=glpi-agent.mst

#15 2023-11-14 09:29:52

grefabu

I was glad a little bit to early.

When I execute the installation from a cli it works.

With the same .mst file over GPO glpi would be installed, but I got the error message:

Error loading GLPI Agent!
The agent must be reinstalled.

0x00000002

After start up. I'm working on.

#16 2024-01-09 18:54:00

sysadmin

I was glad a little bit to early.

When I execute the installation from a cli it works.

With the same .mst file over GPO glpi would be installed, but I got the error message:

Error loading GLPI Agent!
The agent must be reinstalled.

0x00000002
After start up. I'm working on.

Where you ever able to solve this? I am trying to figure out how to setup a agent on every windows machine and deploy it through intune.

#17 2024-02-29 14:51:19

pierreL

Hello,

I've got a question.

How to update Windows glpi agent when it was deployed via GPO ?

Thanks.

Board footer