You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-04-02 09:46:53

ThomasF

Feature Request - Network authentication method

Hi,

kudos to all developers ... GLPI gives me the possibility to store all the data form our inventory and it is also nice for the network dokumentation ...
Therefore i really want to save everthing in GLPI  wink

So i found no place matches perfectly for network authentication, for example 802.1x ( radius ) or fixed MAC addresses on the switch ...
Of course i can save it in the interface field of a network device ... but its not really correct ... 802.1x could also be used over wifi. From the logic it had to be saved as an attribute of the switch ... but it would be nice also shown by the network outlet.

And if i could wish for something ... i would wish a kind of inheritance from the switch port to the network outlet wink
( for export or print a list of locations ... )

Actualy i use the latest stable version 0.80.7

Thanks,
Thomas

#2 2012-05-08 19:22:01

JMD
GLPI - Lead
Website

Re: Feature Request - Network authentication method

The next version of GLPI 0.84  have a completely rewriten network model.

I just could advice you to try this version when it will be available for BETA TEST  and  give us your feed back.

JMD / Jean-Mathieu Doléans - Glpi-project.org - Association Indepnet
Apportez votre pierre au  projet GLPI   : Soutenir

Board footer