You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2006-01-12 13:37:07

simonetta

Glpi

I Am Italian, some Italian in the forum that puo' to help me in the installation?  Thanks

#2 2006-01-12 13:46:55

tsmr
GLPI-DEV
Website

Re: Glpi

could you not speak english ?

Xavier Caillaud
Blog GLPI Infotel

#3 2006-01-12 14:00:42

mbergevoet

i know that perhaps i;m going to make some people angry but why not everything in English? i see that this tools has much potential worldwide and not only France. I know france people like their language but face the facts, today it's Chinese or English that is commonly used on the web.
I have many difficulties understanding the forum and i think when most of the topics were in English i would find easier the answer and would ore participate in the discussions.

kind regards

martijn

#4 2006-01-12 14:23:56

jm.cierniewski

ok we are going to speak chinese.

for the more, french is ,as english, one of the two  official languages of europe parlement and comunity. Perhaps english people are not agree with that...

Plateforme :
OS : Windows 2003 Sp1 / logiciel de décompactage : Winzip / Navigateurs : Internet Explorer 6sp1 / firefox 1.5
Installation : Package Ocs NG RC3  - XAMPP version 1.5.1
Serveur  : Apache 2.0.55 / Base : 5.0.18-nt / Langage : PHP 5.1.1 / PhpMyAdmin 2.7.0-pl1

#5 2006-01-12 14:32:14

mbergevoet

I fully agree that France and English are EU languages but look in a much more wider way. This tools has capability's for large scale companies and those company's operate in english language.

therefore i think it would make sense to do much more in english then in france and not just a small english speaking part.  Many information is available in french but i guess that ENG speaking people post discussions in the "English speaking part" and then one of the developers needs to translate complate parts of already discussed and closed topics. That is a lot of work i guess and therefore my feeling is that it would make sense to start using more english in this forum.

#6 2006-01-12 14:57:58

jm.cierniewski

Well, i agree with you, but it's hard for us... must we inevitably disavow ou culture and language to have largest audiance?

In fact, i know that the world will be peacefull , and more happy if all the world speak english....heat english food, drink english breuvage ... watch english movies....request the same god...

well it's a  jook of course.

in fact, all the french people who make GLPI must do the effort to speak english to help english people who don't know google translatore... Why not, it's an idea...

Plateforme :
OS : Windows 2003 Sp1 / logiciel de décompactage : Winzip / Navigateurs : Internet Explorer 6sp1 / firefox 1.5
Installation : Package Ocs NG RC3  - XAMPP version 1.5.1
Serveur  : Apache 2.0.55 / Base : 5.0.18-nt / Langage : PHP 5.1.1 / PhpMyAdmin 2.7.0-pl1

#7 2006-01-12 15:04:10

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

In fact if one or several english man or woman want to help us in the internationalization task the problem will be solved.

But we do not have time to work on the improvment of GLPI and spend time to internationalize it.

We try to construct the english dictionnary in the same time of the french one but we are not native english so it is not perfect and it is very long for us to translate all docs in english.

MoYo - Julien Dombre - Association INDEPNET
Contribute to GLPI :    Support     Contribute     References     Freshmeat

#8 2006-01-12 16:16:53

mbergevoet

I understand completely, ofcourse the main abjective is GLPI and not translating it.
I'm also a not native Englishmen but when there is time for me to translate pieces i will certainly do :-)
keep up the perfect GLPI smile

Board footer