You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2016-10-04 08:07:53

mackyboy07

Equipment import and link rules problem

Hi,

We have an existing rule that if the asset is not enrolled included/encoded in GLPI the asset should be in the ignored import devices. We first input the Computer name and then we run the agent. That's the time the asset is updated. But when the asset is not there, and the agent sends information, the asset will be included in the Ignored Devices

Criterion                                                 Condition                                Reason
Assets to import : Item type                      is                                          Computers
Assets to import : Name                            is already present in GLPI         Yes
Assets to import : Name                            exists                                    Yes

This rule is working before. But with the newer version, it doesn't. Once the agent sends info to glpi server, it automatically includes the agent and disregarding the rule that we set.

Any idea on what to do with this?

Thank you in advance.

smile

#2 2016-10-04 19:14:41

yllen
GLPI-DEV

Re: Equipment import and link rules problem

Which agent do you use? FusionInventory? OCSNG?

CentOS 6.5 - CentOS 7.x
PHP 5.6 - PHP 7.x - MySQL 5.6  - MariaDB 10.2 + APC + oOPcache
GLPI from 0.72 to dev version
Certifiée ITIL (ITV2F, ITILF, ITILOSA)

#3 2016-10-05 02:40:13

mackyboy07

Hi Yllen,

I'm using FusionInventory.

Thank you. smile

#4 2016-10-05 02:40:49

mackyboy07

I also noticed that if the asset doesn't satisfy all the rules that were set, it will still add the asset and the import information was left blank.

#5 2016-10-07 03:06:24

mackyboy07

Hi,

I found the answer on my problem. It's just on the hierarchy of the rules that I created.

First I have a rule that updates all the enrolled assets in GLPI

Criterion                                                 Condition                                Reason
Assets to import : Item type                      is                                          Computers
Assets to import : Name                            is already present in GLPI         Yes
Assets to import : Name                            exists                                    Yes

Then I have a 2nd rule that Ignore all the assets that are not enrolled in GLPI.

Assets to import : Item type                      is                                           Computers
Assets to import : Name                            is empty in GLPI                        Yes

And it works like a charm! smile

You may now close this.

Thank you.

Board footer