You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2024-04-20 23:47:35

drosera

Glpiinventory plugin or not?

I am a little bit confused about the mentioning of a "Glpiinventory plugin" in the agent documentation, as the advantage of the glpi-agent is described on the GitHub page as "It introduces [...] a new protocol to communicate directly with a GLPI server and its native inventory feature", i.e. no plugin should be needed. What advantage has the plugin over not using it? (we are using GLPI 10.0.11)

#2 2024-04-22 02:10:39

cconard96
Website

Re: Glpiinventory plugin or not?

GLPI itself handles the collection of inventory information from the agents. The plugin allows you to use some of the more advanced features of the GLPI Agent such as network discovery, network inventory and package deployment. Those features haven't been added into GLPI itself (at least not at this time).

GLPI Collaborator and Plugin Developer.
My non-English comments are automated translations. Sorry for any confusion that causes.
Mes commentaires non anglais sont des traductions automatiques. Désolé pour toute confusion qui cause.
Mis comentarios que no están en inglés son traducciones automáticas. Perdón por cualquier confusión que cause.

Board footer