You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2024-02-01 18:47:08

f_jeanc

Entities and tickets category problems

Hello everyone, good afternoon.
I have some entities registered but I will only use 3 to make the explanation easier.
I have the Root Entity called Oderco and within it I have the Financial and Accounting sub entities.
Divided are:

Oderco
Oderco > Financial
Oderco > Accounting

I have a profile created to open tickets, called "Open Tickets".
I have configured a ticket category within Finance called "Financial - Request" and within Accounting a category called "Accounting - Request".
I have a user with the "Open Tickets" profile for the Financial entity and also in the Accounting entity.

When this user opens a ticket, if he has the Financial entity selected, only the "Financial - Request" category will appear for him, and if he wants to open a ticket for accounting, he must select the Accounting entity and only then will it appear for he selects the category "Accounting - Request". The problem is that when the user logs in, the entity is already pre-selected but it comes as a "complete structure", which is when you sort of select all the entities that have access. When it is like this, he can choose both "Financial - Request" and "Accounting - Request", but if he is in the Financial entity and chooses the "Accounting - Request" category, which is appearing since the complete structure is enabled, the ticket is not opened in the Accounting entity but in Finance.

Is there any way, or plugin I don't know, that disables the user from seeing the complete structure of the entities? Or is there a plugin that lets me assign a ticket to an entity using the category it chooses?

Thank you in advance, I tried to be as simple as possible.

#2 2024-04-17 14:00:53

f_jeanc

Re: Entities and tickets category problems

Very helpful community

#3 2024-04-17 14:36:05

cconard96
Website

Community support is best-effort. Not many experienced GLPI administrators/users read every new topic on the forums. Developers like myself occasionally try to help here but, at least for me, I don't always have the time or any useful advice/knowledge for the topic.
If you require timely/personalized support, the GLPI-Network subscription/contacting an official GLPI partner is the way to go.

For your question, perhaps the Form Creator plugin would be suitable for your needs. You can create "forms" for each specific department request and have it generate tickets with the desired entity and category. This way the only choice for the user is to select the desired form.
https://plugins.glpi-project.org/#/plugin/formcreator

GLPI Collaborator and Plugin Developer.
My non-English comments are automated translations. Sorry for any confusion that causes.
Mes commentaires non anglais sont des traductions automatiques. Désolé pour toute confusion qui cause.
Mis comentarios que no están en inglés son traducciones automáticas. Perdón por cualquier confusión que cause.

#4 2024-04-17 14:57:35

f_jeanc

Thanks.

Board footer