You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2024-03-26 19:25:59

dparker

correct path to reinstall after loss of database

Hello,

My glpi database got hosed. I don't have a backup, so there is no way I can get the db back. It's completely empty.

root@helpdesk:/var/lib/mysql/glpi# ls -lh
total 0
root@helpdesk:/var/lib/mysql/glpi#

Everything else, though, seems to have survived the crash (/var/www/html/glpi). I can browse to phpinfo.php and some glpi pages if I manually type them in. What is the best way to get the site functional again? Is there any point in keeping what I do have? Are there settings or config that can help set things back up, or do I just scrap it and start fresh and reconfigure everything?

#2 2024-03-27 01:27:02

cconard96
Website

Re: correct path to reinstall after loss of database

The only thing that can be saved are the uploaded documents/files that are in GLPI's "files" folder and your plugins (if you had any) in "plugins" and "marketplace". Any files you save cannot be used directly in a new GLPI install, but you can use them to upload them into the new GLPI again if you need them.
Otherwise, the only other thing you can do is identify what went wrong last time and set up regular backups of your DB and GLPI files.
Finally, you shouldn't have a phpinfo page available in your web server. It reveals far too much information to anyone who accesses it.

GLPI Collaborator and Plugin Developer.
My non-English comments are automated translations. Sorry for any confusion that causes.
Mes commentaires non anglais sont des traductions automatiques. Désolé pour toute confusion qui cause.
Mis comentarios que no están en inglés son traducciones automáticas. Perdón por cualquier confusión que cause.

Board footer