You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2023-04-03 13:26:42

Gibraltar

FormCreator - create ticket in a category from question

Hi,

Can someone direct me to the recommended way of doing this with FormCreator?

I'm trying to create a single form for my end users to report incidents and create an incident ticket.
I'd like to have the incident ticket created on a ticket category depending on an answer given by the user, something like:

Answer - ticket category:
I have a computer problem - Workplace\computer\malfunction
I have a mobile phone problem - Workplace\mobile phone\malfunction
I have an error accessing a website - Network\website\access

I'd like to avoid asking the user for a specific category because they will not always map with the correct answer. And would like to avoid having to create separate forms to map to each ticket category.
I've been looking at Targets, and Rules but can't get figure it out.

Basically, what is the best approach to create an incident ticket on a certain category, based on a question (like Radio type)?

Thank you.

#2 2023-04-03 13:56:54

LaDenrée
HELPER

Re: FormCreator - create ticket in a category from question

in this case  I create 3 target ticket with "Condition to show the target =>hidden unless=>  question_x_answer="My answer".

by this way I can use any template, any assignement, sla, or any category  related to any answer

Trouver la panne avant de réparer...
GLPI10.0.10 (ubuntu 22.04 PHP8.1  Mariadb10.6 ) plugins : comportements 2.7.2 reports 1.16.0 formcreator 2.13.8, datainjection 2.13.4 fields 1.21.6

#3 2023-04-03 14:29:00

Gibraltar

Re: FormCreator - create ticket in a category from question

Hi Helper,

Thank you for your promptly reply.

I've managed to test your sugestion with success.
My main problem with it is that if answer is changed on the form, then the condition also has to be changed since it is not linked to the answer in the form. And this has to be done times the number of questions/answers that we create.

Side question. I'm trying to implement a flow like answer to form question -> open in specific category -> assigned to category associated group.

The ticket gets created to the corresponding group, as per your suggestion, mas also gets assigned to all members of the group. Any idea on how to only assign to the group and not individual members? This would allow to monitor the group queue for tickets not assigned to a techician which would constitute the de facto backlog.

Board footer