You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2021-12-07 17:19:10

thyde.rsi

Glpi/FI: 9.5.6 Winx64 Package Deployment Guidance Request

Greetings -
I have been a GLPI/FI User (and happy for such a combination) for a number of years now, mostly using simple inventory/netinventory setups. I have recently encountered a scenario where a simple package deployment capability would be very helpful, so I decided to try my hand at it.

My lab setup is GLPI 9.5.6 and FI plugin 9.5+3.0, running on a small Debian instance. The server instance is running NGinx and PHP7.3, as https with a LetsEncrypt cert, with no user/pass authentication at this time for test. I have a number of test agents including Win10 and Debian11 PCs to confirm the Inventory/NetInventory/SNMP configuration, and that is working as expected. I added a new client Win10 with agent x64_2.6 running, and during installation, all modules with the exception of ESX were enabled. All my Windows agents are installed as Task-based with 15 minute cycling.

I went searching for documentation on the Package deployment setup and was disappointed that the documentation I was finding did not visually or operationally match the layout I was seeing on the current 9.5 GLPI interface. I tried to use what I believe is the official docs (fusioninventory.org/documentation/tasks/deploy/) to hack my way through, but I have come across the following roadblocks:
a) The package upload size seems to be limited to 2 Mb. My application as a native Win executable is 88Mb. Zipped it is 70Mb. Choosing "Upload from Computer" always fails with Package Size Limit Exceeded error.
b) changing php.ini (in both cgi and fpm configs) to 100Mb did not solve; in fact the upload dialog changed from "2Mi" to "8Mi" - so something understood the config change, but there must be another limitation somewhere.
c) updating the client_max_body_size in nginx.conf  from default to 100M did not solve either.
d) attempting to choose "Upload from server" shows no file contents in the dialog box. I found some suggestions on manually putting the file into uploads and repository, neither of which were successful.
e) I created a new package and used a 300k text file as the file, this uploaded fine, so this is what I used to continue testing with. However, I do need to be able to get the 88Mb file into the package server somehow.

f) I created the package as well as a separate task (of Package type) and assigned the target as the package and the agent as the destination PC. None of this workflow followed what was in the documentation, as I noted prior the documents do not match my installation, so my expectation is the documentation is for a prior GLPI/FI version.
g) I manually ran the fusioninventory-agent on the target PC and while it performed the inventory fine, it does not perform any deploy tasks.
h) I waited 4 hours to let the system settle and re-ran the agent manually again, no change
i) the tail of the logs indicate "No Deploy Job...or disabled Server Side" - which is something I have seen in every log for agents that are not set up to do deploy tasks; I expect this means the agent does not even attempt to do deploy work, or my package setup is incomplete.
k) I checked the agent modules in FI (in GLPI) and Deploy is enabled.
l) I reran the installer for the agent and confirmed that Deploy was enabled.

EDIT: Apparently some other users are having similar issues, I observed another post with recommendation running the agent manually with debug2 and only the deploy task (--debug --debug --tasks=deploy) and the result from that log was that it communicated with the server correctly (so the url is correct) but it received no deploy tasks (No Deploy Job...or disabled Server Side).

Are there any current tutorials available that might be able to assist? In perusing the logs (agent-side) they don't provide any useful information (yet?) since it doesn't appear that a task is triggering for the agent yet.

Kindest regards,
Ted.

Last edited by thyde.rsi (2021-12-07 17:28:46)

#2 2021-12-07 20:12:31

gbougard
Website

Re: Glpi/FI: 9.5.6 Winx64 Package Deployment Guidance Request

Hi Ted,

did you force the task on server-side before running the agent ?
Double-check the actor agent in the task matches the agent you're starting.

GLPI-Agent developer from Teclib' and GLPI-Network team
Previously FusionInventory-Agent maintainer

#3 2021-12-07 23:35:15

thyde.rsi

@gbougard - wonderful, thank you. That actually worked. The task was active, it was set for a correct time window (to start last month), and to re-prepare target if unsuccessful, but apparently for this particular scenario, a server-side force-start is required. That is actually the first time I have ever pushed that particular button in FI.

Now all I have to do is be able to upload the 88mb actual application to the GLIP instance for actual deployment. Any thoughts on how I can remove that restriction?

Thank you very much,
Ted.

#4 2021-12-07 23:41:41

thyde.rsi

I also just had a stroke of luck in the file upload problem; I created a separate folder structure (within my webhost path, but OUTSIDE of GLPI) and gave it www-data ownership (same as the webserver). I placed my big file in there and then chose "Upload From Server" as the option for adding files to the package. Instead of using the Chooser dialog, I manually typed the complete path to the file and blindly clicked Add. GLPI processed and did actually ingest it into the repository folder. To that end, I am ok uploading files into the server via SSH/SCP, and will simply use the blind folder path method to get GLPI to ingest them.

Many thanks,
Ted.

Board footer